Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

You're Beautiful When You Smile - Chapter 106 Part 4

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re Beautiful When You Smile
Chapter 106 Part 4

Tong Yao and her group didn’t get to board the airplane until 9 o’clock that night.

By the time they were boarding, Tong Yao was so sleepy that she couldn’t think straight. She checked her boarding pass to see that her seat was a window seat and figured that she could get some sleep after getting on the plane…...As she finally settled in her own seat, she saw her captain sit down in the seat right next to her.

Tong Yao’s sleepiness was halfway gone: “......Isn’t Little Fatty supposed to sit next to me?”

“He’s too big, it’s roomier for him to sit in the aisle seat so he changed the seat with me.” Lu Sicheng took off his own jacket and threw it over to Tong Yao: “Go sleep. You’ve yawned ten times already.”

The smell of Lu Sicheng clung onto his jacket and his body warmth as well.

Tong Yao held the jacket and blinked: “He agreed to us being together?”

“...................Are you feeling alright? You’re going to kick me off if he said he disagreed, hrm?” He reached out to push Tong Yao’s head down: “What does it have any damn thing to do with him?”

Tong Yao lifted up the jacket to cover half of her face and giggled: “No, I’m not. It’s just that I’m especially happy to have the support of a teammate. Hehe, what are you being so nasty for?”

Lu Sicheng sat up straighter and cast his eyes down to think for a while.

“Because today someone told me that I’ve passed my probation period. I don’t expect to go backwards.”

“......” Tong Yao’s giggling suddenly paused.

“I remember everything-- --I’m not Jian Yang. I don’t mess around nor cheat, only play ranked games and watch game videos, quit smoking just because you sneezed next to me-- --Xiao Rui has begged me to quit smoking for two years, I didn’t do it but quit just because of one sneeze from you.”

“So?” Tong Yao looked quite nervous hiding behind the jacket.

“Nothing.” Lu Sicheng turned his head to look at the nervous Tong Yao with a clear smile, his dark brown eyes were unusually bright: “A very nice confession, makes me feel like everything has been paid off. I’m very happy, thanks.”

“......................”

Tong Yao’s first reaction was to blush and her heartbeat quickened. She thought: wow, this man is seriously saying thanks to me!

Then a few seconds later, she calmed down and didn’t get lost in his sugar coated bombshells: “......My sanity is telling me that you haven’t finished saying what’s on your mind. What do you want?”

“Nothing. Just to remind you.” Lu Sicheng collected his smile, changed his posture to make it more comfortable, then used a relaxing tone of voice to say: “Once you’ve changed a man, you have to be responsible to him.”

Tong Yao: “......”

Lu Sicheng: “As you’ve promised the fans before, at the opening ceremony of the Demacia Cup, you go upstage with a bullhorn and announce to everyone: I’m Smiling, my body and heart completely belong to the captain of my team.”

Tong Yao: “Yuck!”

Tong Yao lifted Lu Sicheng’s jacket off herself and tried to cover his face. Lu Sicheng easily blocked her. Then the voice of Xiao Rui came from behind: “What are you two fussing about?” Xiao Rui sat down on the empty seat next to Lu Sicheng as he was talking. Tong Yao’s body staggered, Lu Sicheng caught her just in time and held her in his arms.

Xiao Rui: “What are you two doing? Are you two kindergarteners? You still have the energy to hustle after sitting in the airport the whole day? Captain, where are your hands? Take them off her waist. You’re like a hooligan. Is she yours that you can touch her freely?”

Lu Sicheng probably was annoyed hearing what Xiao Rui said. His hand deliberately grabbed her with some force at a place which was hidden from Xiao Rui’s angle. The act made the hairs on Tong Yao’s back stand up. Then Lu Sicheng put Tong Yao back to her seat. He quietly said: “I just let her do something and she got over excited.”

Xiao Rui yawned: “What thing?”

Lu Sicheng said with a serious look: “I allowed her to announce with a bullhorn to the national audience that her body and heart all belong to m-- --”[1]

Little Fatty began coughing in the seat behind them.

Lu Sicheng: “Our team.”

Xiao Rui nodded and commented: “It’s quite a sick request. Take some medicine, quick.”

Tong Yao chimed in: “Take some medicine!”

Xiao Rui: “You two take it together.”

Tong Yao: “......”


[1]: There’s some Chinese wordplay here because he says “me” (wo, ζˆ‘) then pauses and continues with 们 (men). wo men (ζˆ‘δ»¬) means “we,” “us,” or “our” depending on the sentence. So he quickly swaps the meaning from “me” to “our.”
Since this wordplay doesn’t exist in English, the closest we got is him half saying “me.”


Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

19 comments:

  1. Lu Sicheng is killing me with his words and actions.πŸ˜… I really can't wait for the drama. To see Xu Kai like this πŸ™ˆ and I know he can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xu kai can definitely bring this cool character to life.m i love the trailer...

      Delete
    2. watched him in some series too.. he could be well damn cold but he is too good acting like a hooligan

      Delete
    3. watched him in some series too.. he could be well damn cold but he is too good acting like a hooligan

      Delete
    4. Lu Sicheng is cultured Hooligan anyway

      Delete
    5. I wish they had stuck to the same storyline - can so see Xu Kai playing all the playful and intimate scenes from the novel - disappointing how much they changed - but then again it is my all time fav drama and I have already watched it over 20 times - yeah I'm addicted lol

      Delete
    6. Me too even today I watched them I don't even miss a day I watch them daily it's so addictive 😍😘
      And here I am dying singleπŸ˜₯

      Delete
  2. He is not going to leave her alone until she tells everyone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for them to get to the hotel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. he wants her to announce it to the world lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're just so bad at hiding, it's crazy lmao

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear god even though I'm using a mask my fellow bus travellers looked strangely at me. .I just couldn't stop laughing πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suddenly I just wanna some more novels like that QAQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the chapterπŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sicheng in love is definitely crazy and cracking me up

    ReplyDelete
  10. Xiao Rui is really like a Dad to Tong Yao. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yup he treats her like his daughter 😊
      Soo adorable πŸ’“πŸ˜˜πŸ˜

      Delete