Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Those Sweet Times - Chapter 67 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



Those Sweet Times
Chapter 67 Part 2

Xiang Nuan pulled on her mother’s arm and said: “Mom…...I don’t have competitions every day. I’m still a kid and need the support of you and dad.”

Ren Danyan harrumphed.

Xiang Nuan kissed her mother on the face.

Ren Danyan couldn’t pretend to be angry anymore: “You’re too old to play cute.”

“Mom, let’s eat sweet rice balls today?” Xiang Nuan suggested and remembered that Oblivion had sent her some rice balls. She was at Nanshan when the package arrived and her mother had signed for it. She asked: “I haven’t gotten a chance to taste those sweet rice balls my friend sent over earlier.”

“Oh, those. Dad and I tried them, they’re pretty good.”

“Yay, I want to eat them too.”

Her mother looked at her quite embarrassed. “We finished them all since they were so good.”

Xiang Nuan: “......” T ^ T

-- --

Xiang Nuan went to the mall to buy a bunch of things using her award money. She felt very good spending the money she earned herself. She bought an overcoat for the spring for her dad and a skirt for her mom. Then she thought about how nice Lin Chuyan’s mother had treated her and bought a silk scarf for Aunty Yue as well.

She then bought a variety of random things to eat, play, or use. She even put some money in Kings of Glory to get the champion Wu Zetian.

By the end of her shopping spree, she had only three hundred left from the original thirteen thousand.

Despite all this, Xiang Nuan constantly had the feeling that she’d overlooked something…...She then realized that she should get Lin Chuyan something in return for the brooch. She had to take out a little over a thousand from her own savings to buy a watch for Lin Chuyan.

She regretted spending money to get Wu Zetian….../ ( T o T ) / ~ ~

Xiang Nuan called Lin Chuyan on the phone.

She hadn’t heard his voice for two days and was a little jittery. But she calmed herself down and said: “Lin Chuyan, what’s your home address? I bought something for Aunty Yue. But I’m afraid that she won’t be home when the package is delivered to your house. What if I just write down your phone number? Oh, by the way, I also bought-- --”

“Xiang Nuan, I’m not at home now.”

“Oh, oh, then where are you now?”

“I’m in Juyuan.”

Juyuan was a city.

The city…...where Shen Zemu lived.

Xiang Nuan’s heart skipped a bit and a disagreeable thought flashed by in her head. It wasn’t because she had thought too much into the situation…...It was just that so many clues had indicated in a direction that she was afraid was true.

She was feeling a bit down.

“Lin Chuyan.” She called him in a small voice.

“En?”

Xiang Nuan swallowed and mustered enough courage to ask him: “It can’t be that you really like Shen Xuezhang?”

Lin Chuyan almost exploded when he heard Xiang Nuan’s question.

He tried hard to keep cool and calm down……

Xiang Nuan could hear Lin Chuyan’s breathing became heavier.

It sounded like he was angry.

Suddenly, Lin Chuyan said: “Don’t you know who I like?”

Xiang Nuan’s heart fluttered and she incoherently said: “I, I, I, I bought a watch for you.”

It became quiet on the other end of the phone.

After a while, Xiang Nuan heard Lin Chuyan speak in a low voice: “I’ll deal with you after I get back.”



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

  1. OHhhhhhhh, they're getting there....looking forward to the next chapter/ Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly couple...ohh, sorry...silly couple-to-be...ah, no...a silly couple who have not yet become a couple because of their dumb brains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. XN actually believes that Chuyan is gay? Hahaha. Her crush on him is messing with her brains

    ReplyDelete