Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

You're Beautiful When You Smile - Chapter 42 Part 1

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re Beautiful When You Smile
Chapter 42 Part 1


Lu Sicheng had only gone up a few steps and heard footsteps behind him.
He stopped and turned around-- --startling the person who was closely
following him.


Standing higher up, Lu Sicheng lowered his head to glance at the innocent face
that seemed surprised that he turned around. Lu Sicheng raised his eyebrows:
“Why are you following me?”


“......”


Tong Yao was dumbfounded.


She opened her mouth, but couldn’t come up with an explanation for following
him…...It wasn’t that she refused to tell him, it was because she didn’t even
know why she was following him. However, if she replied that she didn’t know
why, it probably wouldn’t be enough to convince Lu Sicheng to drop the question.
Tong Yao tried to come up with some plausible reason. She pricked her brain
trying to find a good excuse-- --


“Cheng Ge, do you have a girlfriend already?”


“......”


“......”


There were a few seconds of dead silence.


ZGDX base had never before resembled so much like a graveyard, solemn
and quiet.


Not only Lu Sicheng but even Tong Yao herself was taken back by her question…...
She felt that the air around them had frozen-- --Under the strict eyes of Lu Sicheng,
Tong Yao could feel her ears starting to burn. She became tongue-tied: “No, no,
actually I’m not that curious, just asking. If you don’t want to say……”


“No, I don’t.”


“......”


“Since I lived at home when I was in school, my mom always directed me to do
this and that a few days each month-- --So I got the idea that: every woman has
the right to do whatever she wants at a certain period during each month.”


Lu Sicheng calmly spoke as if he was speaking of a very common subject.


“....................................Oh, really.” Tong Yao answered as if she had lost the
ability to think.  “That’s tough.”


“So later on I lived on campus. I wouldn’t go home even if blazing hot in the dorm
during summer.”


“......”


“So I wouldn’t easily get involved with a woman.”


“.........................Oh, right. You do look like you don’t like people.”


“What did you say?”


“......” Tong Yao almost wanted to bit off her own tongue.


“It’s not that I don’t like people, it’s that I like games. If I fall in love, I hope I can
find someone who plays better than me.”


After he finished talking, as if he had lost interest in continuing the conversation,
he pulled the jacket on his shoulder closer and turned to walk up the stairs without
showing much emotion on his face-- --He completely ignored the girl who was so
shocked to hear his answer that she had frozen in place.


Until he closed the door to his room.


The sound of the closing door brought Tong Yao back to her senses.


-- --Someone who played better than the Chessman?

…………………………………………………….Excuse me? !



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

  1. he really don't like people.
    Thank you for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she going to end up playing better than him? Or he’s trying to motivate her to play better Or maybe he’ll just forget what he said

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling they’re going to battle one of these days.. 😆

    ReplyDelete