Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Those Sweet Times - Chapter 102 Part 6

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



Those Sweet Times
Chapter 102 Part 6
Extra: Shen Zemu and Yang Yin

Since there were several teams looking to work with Yang Yin next season, Yang Yin made the teams bid against each other. Eventually, she decided on one team and the bet-on agreement she signed with the team was 1.5 million. She would start working for that team after Chinese New Year.

Yang Yin told Shen Zemu: “A raise of half of a million in half a year, my income could catch up with the rising housing prices now. Are you convinced of my ability?”

“I’m convinced.” Shen Zemu was very supportive.

The day after she signed the agreement was January 12th, which happened to be Shen Zemu’s birthday.

Yang Yin had been in a very good mood lately and cooked enough dishes to fill the entire table that night to celebrate his birthday. She even cooked the birthday noodles herself.[1]

Since she was overjoyed and had a little too much to drink, she couldn’t help being attracted to him and taking him to bed.

When she led Shen Zemu onto her bed, she actually felt a little guilty, like she had forced him to do it. Then she found out that Shen Zemu had come prepared, with condoms.

Yang Yin couldn’t believe it: “I always thought you’re a serious man.”

It didn’t go smoothly for them since it was the first time for both of them. Shen Zemu accidentally hurt Yang Yin and Yang Yin said he “needs to hone his technique.”

Later on, Shen Zemu applied his talent in studying to improve his technique……

In any case, in the present, Yang Yin woke up the morning after feeling somewhat sluggish.

The curtain was closed tightly and the room was a little dim but it was quite warm. Shen Zemu was still asleep. Yang Yin was lying against his chest. She listened to his heartbeat for a while and felt quite happy, but also somewhat unreal.

People always worry about losing what they have. Sometimes Yang Yin would be afraid that all of this turned out to be just a dream. Once she woke up from the dream, there wouldn’t be anything left.

She got up to put on her clothes and got off the bed.

They had overindulged a bit last night and she still walked a little funny as of now.

Yang Yin quietly walked out of the bedroom to go into the kitchen, to cook breakfast. She didn’t know what to make, but decided to pan fry a couple of eggs first.

She kept her eyes on the eggs and was humming a song at the same time. Suddenly, she was embraced by someone.

Shen Zemu hugged her from behind, with his arms circling around her waist and his chin resting on her shoulder.

“You got up?” Yang Yin thought about what had happened between them last night and blushed a little.

“En.” Shen Zemu released the hold on her and said: “Go back and lie down.”

“No need. I’m cooking breakfast for you. What do you want to eat?”

Seeing that she wasn’t listening to him, Shen Zemu simply picked her up and brought her back to her bed, putting her under the blanket: “Stay here.”

Yang Yin struggled to sit up: “I’m not sick or anything.”

He held her shoulder down with one hand to stop her from struggling. Shen Zemu looked down at her with a very serious look on his face: “I’ll work on my technique.” Then, overlooking the embarrassed expression on Yang Yin’s face, he simply walked away to go to the kitchen to finish cooking breakfast.

He brought the breakfast to the bed for her.

Shen Zemu had cooked egg fried rice, egg drop soup in addition to the fried eggs Yang Yin cooked earlier. They all tasted quite good, though she couldn’t figure out why they were all egg dishes.

Shen Zemu sat on the edge of the bed, watching her eat breakfast. He said: “My school is over on the 18th.”

“Oh.” Yang Yin’s good mood suddenly disappeared. Shen Zemu was going to have his winter break and that meant they had to separate for a while. She cast her head down and said: “En…… I’ll keep doing my homework.”

The corner of Shen Zemu’s mouth curved a little and said: “Come home with me.”

Yang Yin abruptly looked up at him. There was a grain of rice hanging on her lips. She looked a little funny with the shocked expression on her face.

“Come home with me.” Shen Zemu repeated.

“Why?”

“You want to be here by yourself for the New Year?”

“No, I…… I just feel, won’t it be a bit too sudden? Do your parents know about it?”

“I’ve already told them about us.”

Yang Yin was even more worried. She hadn’t forgotten the gap between him and her. She figured that Shen Zemu’s parents shouldn’t be too happy about her……

Shen Zemu could tell what she was thinking from the expressions on her face. He rubbed her hair and gently said: “Don’t you worry. My family respects my decisions.”

“Then, will there be anyone there to give me a hard time? I’m just asking so I’ll be prepared for it.”

“With me there, I won’t let anyone give you a hard time.”

Tears fell from Yang Yin’s eyes, dripping onto the back of her hand.

Shen Zemu thought she cried because she was too scared. He got closer to hold her shoulder: “Don’t cry. Trust me.”

“Shen Zemu, I just feel that I’m so very lucky.”

Shen Zemu smiled: “I’m the lucky one here”

Meeting you in this vast world of people is the luckiest thing to have happened in my life.



[1]: In Chinese tradition, people have noodles on their birthday. The Chinese name means literally “longevity noodles” because noodles are long and the custom wishes for the birthday person to have a long life.


-- --The End-- --



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

8 comments:

  1. thank you for bringing this sweet story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I’m glad they had their happy ending

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your hard work and excellent translation! I have been reading your translated novels for years now and I really enjoy reading them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your novel. I enjoy reading it very much.Stay. Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for you effort in translating this story

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u thank u thank u💜

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great heartwarming novel. Tqsm for translating it. ❤️

    ReplyDelete