Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Those Sweet Times - Chapter 102 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



Those Sweet Times
Chapter 102 Part 2 
Extra: Shen Zemu and Yang Yin

After a whole day of skiing, Yang Yin and Shen Zemu stayed at a nearby hotel that has a hot spring for the night.

Yang Yin soaked in the hot spring to relax, squinting her eyes comfortably.

She voice chatted with Xiang Nuan as she was soaking in the hot spring, asking Xiang Nuan what she was doing.

Xiang Nuan was knitting a scarf. She had bought a lot of yarn and wanted to knit a scarf for Lin Chuyan. She had asked her mother to teach her. Though she wasn’t very good at it, she chose a rather difficult pattern. Everytime she messed the pattern up, she had to unravel it to start all over again.

After repeating it so many times, Lin Chuyan told her: “Just knit one with a single color.”

Xiang Nuan gave up on knitting any patterns and knitted a single colored scarf.

She comforted herself that Lin Chuyan was good looking enough anyway and any scarf on him would look fashionable. Therefore, she didn’t have to make a difficult looking one.

Later on, Lin Chuyan used the leftover yarn to knit a pair of mittens for Xiang Nuan, with a pattern of little rabbits on the back of the mittens.

“See, isn’t he just trying to prove he’s better than me or what?” Xiang Nuan complained to Yang Yin.

Yang Yin was quite amused: “You two are so funny.”

“How about you, Yin Jiejie? How are you doing lately? I’ve watched the preliminaries. My Yin Jie is invincible!”

“Me……” Yang Yin couldn’t stop herself from telling Xiang Nuan about everything that had happened on the ski slope. Then she said: “I was so nervous at the time that I could die.”

Xiang Nuan thought about it for a while before asking: “Why was Xuezhang embracing you? Is he interested in you?”

“Hard to say. It could be that he was afraid that I would fall off the sled.” Yang Yin held her forehead and said a little sadly: “If we guess that he likes me just from this one thing, even I would feel like I’m flattering myself a little.”

“Ay, it’s too bad that Xuezhang has an expressionless face. It’s hard to figure what he’s thinking of. But I think you can try to feel him out.” 

Yang Yin debated over the idea and finally shook her head: “I think I better not. What if he’s not interested. I don’t want to scare him off. I still want to make a fortune next season.”

-- --

The day after Deng Wenbo transferred one million into Yang Yin’s bank account, Yang Yin immediately opened another bank card account and deposited half a million onto that card. She set the password of the card as Shen Zemu’s birthday.

Then she had that bank card express delivered to Shen Zemu.

Shen Zemu returned the card to her without touching it.

Yang Yin sent a message to him: I said I’d split it with you, I mean it, ha.

Shen Zemu: I said I don’t want money. I also mean it.

She had to control herself not to send something flirty like ‘then I’ll give myself to you.’

……

After receiving the money, the contract between Yang Yin and Deng Wenbo was completed. Yang Yin planned to move out of Dw club as soon as possible so as not to hinder Deng Wenbo from making other arrangements.

Shen Zemu also had some stuff left in the club. He came over to move out with Yang Yin.

It was lightly snowing the day when they moved out. Deng Wenbo and the players lined up to say goodbye to Yang Yin. Two of the players even shed tears. It was quite a sad moment.

Yang Yin wasn’t used to this kind of sentimental moment. She pulled Deng Wenbo to the side and asked him: “Have you found a good, new coaching team for them yet?”

“Not yet.” Deng Wenbo looked at her, there was something flashing in his eyes: “Why don’t you just stay, we’ve all known each other so well now.”

Yang Yin shook her head.

Deng Wenbo was saddened: “Is it because of me? If you can stay, I’ll leave the whole team to you. You can treat it as if I’m nonexistent. Would that work?”

Yang Yin scratched the back of her head and laughed: “Boss, let me be frank with you. I’m now addicted to making money now. One million for one season and it’ll be two million with two seasons one year. If you want to keep me here, can you pay me two million a year?”

Deng Wenbo was taken aback: “I thought it was something else. If it’s just money, I’ll pay you-- --”

“You better stop right there.” Yang Yin waved her hand to interrupt him: “Haven’t you learned your lesson from Dw being demoted last time? Having money is a good thing, but if you don’t spend the money in the right place, you might get a worse result. A two million yearly salary for a coach is too exorbitant for any major league team. Only teams that have to get on top at the preliminaries to get into the major league will be willing to pay that kind of price. Besides, this one million is on the basis of a contract, only payable when the team gets into the major league. You spend one million each season to keep me here, can your team keep going like that?”



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment