Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Most Majestic You - Chapter 5 Part 2

The Most Majestic You
Chapter 5 Part 2

At this time of the day, Qianxi’s parents were usually away from home.  Qianxi quickly packed her purse, documents, clothing, and daily necessities…...then lugged a suitcase out of the small community.  She became a full-fledged, rebellious runaway.


Though sad, she felt relieved and took some joy from it without knowing why.  She really wanted to scream loudly to the sky, “I’m free!”  But she stopped herself after seeing Xu Jimo leaning at the gate.


She put down her suitcase, took out some cash and a bank card from her purse, and walked towards Xu Jimo.


“Here is your money.”  Qianxi handed it over.


Xu Jimo had begun to understand her stubbornness by now.  He paused shortly then accepted.  He pointed to that bank card using his eyes.  “What is this?”


“It’s a debit card.  There is twenty million in the account, it was the money I earned for my medical studies in North America.  Anyway it’s of no use now, so I’ll just give it to you.”


“......”  Xu Jimo stared at her.


Qianxi’s eyes were so sincere that it didn’t appear to be a joke.  “Take it.  Don’t you need sponsor?  Just treat it as my personal investment.”


Xu Jimo inserted his hands into his pants pockets and smiled, unconvinced.  “Do you know what you are doing?”


“Sure.”  She spoke indifferently and spread her hands.  She put the card into the pocket of his shirt.  It was done.  “I’m the kind who goes All or Nothing.  If I can’t do something perfectly, then I don’t want it at all.  Money is redundant to me, but it’s very important to you.  Of course I’ll give it to you.”


Xu Jimo treated her like a stubborn child and reached for the card in his pocket.


Qianxi grabbed his hand.  “Don’t return it to me!  Anyway, with my temper, even if I don’t give it to you today, someday I will probably throw it into the river from a bridge when I’m in a bad mood.  Do you understand?  It’s just like in a movie…...I can’t explain it clearly to you!  In any case, if I don’t use it to vent my frustration, then I’m going to be the one who jumps into the river myself!  Do you understand, jump into the river?”


“Uhm.”  It really felt like he was in a movie.  He understood.


Xu Jimo was helpless against this child who treated money like it was sand.  Unfortunately, he had no reason to reject the offer in his current position.  He laughed at the absurdity.  “Do you have to live inside the movie?”


She was silent.


“Think about it.  A movie has only two hours.  After the movie ends two hours later, you might lose a movie ticket costed twenty million dollars.”


She was still silent.


Finally it seemed that she remembered an unhappy memory and her expression turned more and more frustrated.


Xu Jimo hurried to remedy it.  “All right.  Let me keep this card for you.  I suggest you go with me to visit our base to take a look and see if you really want to invest.  You can get an understanding of this industry and us some more.  If you really think you want to invest in us by then, naturally I won’t reject you.”


“What is your base?”  She had no idea about the industry as expected.


“It’s the place for team members to live and train.”


“......Is it like the work place at a company?”


Xu Jimo thought about it.  “It’s similar in essence.”


“Alright, then let’s go.”  Qianxi turned to pull over her suitcase.  “Anyhow I have no place to go now.”


Xu Jimo took the handle and pulled for her.  Qianxi received another phone call right before they were going to call a cab.  She hurried to call Xu Jimo back after she looked at the caller id.  “Hey, hey, hey, don’t run away.  I have really important business with you today!”


His feet stopped.  “What really important business?”


“She said she had contacted you before.  Her name is Qin Xiao and she works for a net streaming platform.  Does that remind you of anything?”


Xu Jimo thought for a second.  “Looks like I do.”


“She wants to talk business with you and she is coming here soon.  Do you have time?”  Qianxi spoke fast, waiting for his answer before she answered Qin Xiao’s phone.


“No.”


“What?!”


“I am busy now.  Tell her to change it to some other time.”


“Ah?!”


Xu Jimo laughed.  “Aren’t you going to answer the phone now?”


Qianxi hurriedly slid the screen and nervously answered “Hello”.  Qin Xiao’s tone was very excited, as expected.  “Qianxi, can I come over now?”


“......”  She sorted out her words a little bit.  “Xiao Xiao, I’m really sorry.  He said he is busy today, but he can meet you some other time.  Is it ok?”


“Is it so?  Of course it’s ok.”  Qin Xiao sounded somewhat disappointed, but she was still unwilling to give up.  “But today’s such a good opportunity.  Do you know what he is going to do today?”


“Uh……”  Qianxi covered her cell and asked Xu Jimo.  “What did you say that you’re busy with?”


He smiled.  “I need to take you to our base.”


Qianxi was petrified.  “......”


Xu Jimo said.  “What’s wrong?”


“Nothing, nothing……”  Qianxi quickly thought it through in her brain.  Would Qin Xiao directly break off their friendship if she told Qin Xiao about the actual reason.


She decided to modify the words, before uncovering the phone.  “Hello, Xiao Xiao, he said…...he said he is going with his boss…...to visit the base……”


“Ah, so, then change to some other time.  Can I contact him directly?”


“Yes, yes!”


Qianxi solve that issue with Qin Xiao to her great relief.

She raised her head and saw Xu Jimo sitting right on her luggage. He was calm and composed as he waited for her, but his eyes were smiling.  “Can we go now, boss?”

3 comments: