Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Monday, June 28, 2021

You're Beautiful When You Smile - Chapter 169 Part 1

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re Beautiful When You Smile
Chapter 169 Part 1

Not only was ZGDX’s official Weibo account instantly overwhelmed by fans responding, the players also received a lot of comments on their individual accounts from the other side of the Pacific. It was bustling under Tong Yao’s page-- --When Tong Yao saw the new lineup, her first instinct was to post on Weibo:

[Salted fish[1] girl Smiling: Dear Captain, I’ll do my best to be your support. Muah.]

Old Cat who saw the message first just sighed: “You’re such a good player, why are they making you feed him turrets.”

It very quickly turned into quite the scene on her Weibo page-- --

[Ah ya this ZGDX: You play support! I can only say that this is a very creative decision…… What I want to say is if Little Fatty isn’t dead, it’s probably still better to carry him up onto the stage instead.]

[Neat freak: This round…… as long as you’re happy <laugh cry> <laugh cry> <laugh cry>]

[Shit you stay there: Be reasonable, Tong Yao doesn’t know how to play support. I’ve seen her playing duos with Lu Sicheng at bot, and she can move like a Master but has map awareness like a Platinum player…… Just from the fact that she didn’t buy a sightstone or place wards. I wish I could have blown her into Bronze!]

[Popping candy biubiubiu: Hahaha, the moment she breaks up with her partner at bot is just around the corner.]

[Don’t fool me: I heard that Fatty’s in the hospital after eating hot pot? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!]

[Salted fish don't have dreams: Damn, always something.]

[Hahahahaha hehe: If you lose to the wild card team tomorrow, the other two teams who refused to give you Lao Ga Ma will bear one third of the blame! The reason? They failed to form a united front!]

[I don’t have dreams either: I really have nothing to say. You didn’t go for hot pot in those ten days of break and just remembered to have it the day before the game-- --Shit, you guys just let Little Fatty eat to his heart’s content! ! ! Why didn’t you put a muffler on him? ?]

……

On the way back to the hotel, Tong Yao slapped her lap in regret while looking at her cell phone: “That’s right! Why didn’t we put a mouthpiece on Little Fatty at the time!]

Lu Yue: “Where would you find a large enough muffler to attach to Little Fatty’s head?”

Tong Yao: “......”

Lu Sicheng also took out his cell phone to check Tong Yao’s Weibo: “Your fans are right. I’m also quite worried that you playing support might cause me to not love you anymore-- --I’ve never expected that I have to have you as my support other than when we play duos, and during the world competition too……”

“We've only played three times as duo at bot.”

“That’s right, and now it’s time for you to think hard why there were only three times.”

Tong Yao turned to look at him with a smile. Lu Sicheng put down his cell phone: “Tell me, what champion do you plan to take to support me?”

Tong Yao rolled her eyes around: “There is a lot I can play: Karma, Jayce, Annie, Brand, or Leblanc will all do, but the other side won’t let me…… And there’s Lulu? Right, Lulu’s good. Her Q ability has good reach, W can give you haste or act as hard crowd control and silence an enemy champion, E can give you a shield or can damage the enemy, and her ultimate can give you more health, plus knock up……”

Lu Sicheng finished the sentence for her: “Your W won’t give me haste, E will only be used to deal damage, the ultimate is just for yourself, and your Q ability has long reach to get kills for yourself-- --Others who play Lulu for playing 4 protect 1, protect their AD, but I can only feel that you’re harboring some evil intent when deciding to play Lulu……”

The more Lu Sicheng talked about it, the more he felt his prediction would be correct. He stood up as he was talking and announced to everyone: “Tomorrow, ban Lulu. I don’t want to see this champion.”

Tong Yao put away her cell phone and irritatedly said: “Lu Sicheng, you really don’t love me anymore.”

Lu Sicheng turned his head and looked at Tong Yao who had fallen down on the seat with her hand covering her chest. He smiled: “Right, excuse my inability but I really can’t afford to love you.”



[1]: We believe this is from the Chinese idiom 咸鱼翻身 (xián yú fānshēn), literally salted fish turns over, which means to “experience a reversal of fortunes” (from bad to good) or “rag to riches.”



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the updates! 🤩😍🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your updates..I started read this translation of novel because of the drama..I really like the novel..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for translating! I just finished reading all of them this past weekend and was excited to see it wasn't over yet! I've really liked the drama so far and couldn't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for translating. I didn't sleep last Sunday night even though I have early Monday work just to read everything and I do not regret a single thing. Will be watching out for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aiya, tsk tsk tsk Tong Yao as support.............
    or is it just me or did no one really great Tong Yao on her birthday? Didn't last chapter ended with her greeting herself? Did they not really know its her birthday or are they planning something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the team had forgotten due to what happened to LF, though her bff haven't greeted her either.

      Delete
  6. thank you for translating!!! their banter has always been my fave~ lol and I’m glad the fans werent being too negative (at least on Tong Yao’s page)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought her birthday was Oct 13 which is the day of the game.

    ReplyDelete