Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Monday, June 21, 2021

You're Beautiful When You Smile - Chapter 167 Part 3

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re Beautiful When You Smile
Chapter 167 Part 3

After riding on the bus for a while, the players began to fall asleep. Lu Sicheng also closed his eyes. Tong Yao was also about to fall asleep, but her cell phone vibrated. She checked her cell phone and found Jinyang was messaging her-- --

[Ah Mao’s mom: Where are you? Why didn’t I see you after the match? Is this the so-called running after showing off?]

[This girl keeps a German shepherd at home: What?]

[Ah Mao’s mom: Your new name sounds rather suggestive.]

[This girl keeps German shepherd at home: Shut up. Why are you looking for me?]

[Ah Mao’s mom: Do I have to have an excuse to look for you?]

[Ah Mao’s mom: See, isn’t your birthday on the 13th? How do you want to celebrate it? This is the first time that we’re out of the country and can still meet. Somehow I feel like it’s worth commemorating. What should I give you for your birthday? A handbag? Shoes? A necklace? Jewelry? A wedding gown?]

[Ah Mao’s mom: Nevermind jewelry and wedding gown, let your man give them to you. I’m not being cynical, he’s much richer than me and with just a word from you, he can buy the entirety of San Francisco for you and change the name to “Wishing my wife a happy birthday city”.]

[This girl keeps German shepherd at home: ……………….Don’t, don’t, don’t do that. Don’t tell him it’s my birthday. If he really bought some expensive thing for me, I won’t be able to repay him even if I got chopped up and sold by the pound.]

[Ah Mao’s mom: Human flesh doesn’t taste good. Girl, you are worth more as a whole than in pieces…… I’m so jealous, I wish my boyfriend could buy me a gift so expensive that I can’t pay back even if I sold myself.]

[This girl keeps German shepherd at home: ……What are you trying to say exactly? Why are you all of a sudden bringing up my birthday?]

[Ah Mao’s mom: Auntie…… Er, your mom gave me a call earlier and said that this is your twentieth birthday, an important one. She told me to celebrate with you, not to let you pass the day without realizing it.]

[This girl keeps German shepherd at home: Is she your mom or mine? Why didn’t she tell me directly?]

[Ah Mao’s mom: She felt awkward telling you to your face.] 

[This girl keeps German shepherd at home: “What?]

[Ah Mao’s mom: “I know you young people like to celebrate birthdays romantically, especially now Tong Yao has a boyfriend…… I just saw it on Weibo, her boyfriend’s pretty good. Good looks and well educated. So we don’t have any objection to it but Yangyang, remind her to be more careful. She needs to finish her schooling, so make sure they don’t create a new life.”-- --That’s what she said to me.]

[Ah Mao’s mom: Hehe.]

[Ah Mao’s mom: Let me translate it for you: Make sure he’s wearing the condom. Your mom is still young and does not want to be a grandma yet.]

Tong Yao: “..................................................”

Tong Yao gasped.

Lu Sicheng happened to wake up and glanced at Tong Yao in a daze: “What’s wrong? Why is your face so red?”

He reached over with his hand to touch Tong Yao’s face as he asked.

When his hand barely touched her, Tong Yao stared at him and jumped up as if she had been scalded. Lu Sicheng was baffled: “What’s wrong?”

Tong Yao: “My mom watched the video of your interview.”

Lu Sicheng raised his eyebrows.

Tong Yao: “She said you’re good looking and well educated.”

Lu Sicheng: “Oh.” He looked quite complacent.

Tong Yao: “But your facial features look immodest and she could tell you’re a douchebag. She told me to keep a safe distance from you.”

Lu Sicheng: “You added the last part yourself, right?”

Tong Yao: “......”



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update :)
    re-reading everything again since the drama is starting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait for tomorrow. I hope that they will put eng sub when it's release

      Delete
    2. Wait. really? I didn't know it's tomorrow. Where can i watch this?

      Delete
    3. YOUKU, WeTV, Astro TV, LINE TV

      Delete
    4. Wait, what's the name of the drama?

      Delete
    5. but its so sad that they dont put any of the most awaited scenes in the drama

      Delete
  2. So happy that we almost finished the book and the drama will be released tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tong Yao: “But your facial features look immodest and she could tell you’re a douchebag. She told me to keep a safe distance from you.”

    lmao!!:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lu sickens is so intuitive. It's a little scary. Lol but was she wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Douchebag is such an American slang, what's the direct translation? Is it really the same?

    ReplyDelete