Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Saturday, June 19, 2021

You're Beautiful When You Smile - Chapter 167 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re Beautiful When You Smile
Chapter 167 Part 2

To all the otakus on the bus, they actually weren’t very interested in touring. To them, it was better to have a one-day tour of Summoner’s Rift-- --But Tong Yao said something to change their minds: We’re here already, why not go have a look around.

The other players thought her words made some sense. They figured that after they went back to China and when people asked them what they had seen in the US, they couldn’t just say that there wasn’t any lag playing games in the US.l.

How embarrassing would that be?

They began flipping through sightseeing pamphlets to see whether there were any places worth visiting.

Tong Yao was checking the pamphlet while looking at her cell phone at the same time. She opened a video of Lu Sicheng’s interview which had been shared over several tens of thousands of times. The most popular comment under the video was: [If Smiling’s vindicated all the female players by her performance at the world competition, then Chessman has vindicated all internet addicted teenagers with the interview. Dammit. Who dares to say that we’re a bunch of uneducated people that only know how to play games? ! Who ? !]

Tong Yao was quite amused and gave this person a like.

Her annoyance of being upstaged by Lu Sicheng had now been completely replaced by pride for taming such an outstanding man.

Lu Sicheng also flipped through a pamphlet as Tong Yao leaned against him. He didn’t find anything interesting in the pamphlet and put down the pamphlet while deciding that he would go along with whatever Tong Yao had decided. Then he lazily responded to Little Fatty’s comment: “Assuming all of our teams come out of the second round of group matches in the same ranking as they are now, there’ll be the drawing for all groups to match a first place team against a second place team from a different group. And since teams from the same region won’t be matched against each other, then the only possible teams that we’ll go up against in the quarter finals will either be the second place team from D group or OP if they stay in second place……”

Tong Yao: “If OP places first in their group and CK comes in second, then aren’t we playing the second place from D group and be guaranteed to go to semi-finals?”

Lu Sicheng: “Correct.”

Tong Yao sat up, Little Fatty also sat up, Old K, Old Cat, and Lu Yue all turned to look at Lu Sicheng with eyes shining with excitement. They asked in unison: “Is that so?”

Lu Sicheng frustratly said: “Can’t you grow a backbone? I’ve educated you all for so long and you just all turned into cowards, hrm? Afraid of the Koreans?”

Everyone burst out laughing.

Tong Yao: “Ah, what should I do, now I want CK to lose the match. Is it very evil of me-- --We’ve all agreed to work together after we arrived in the US. I said that I’ll bury the past and sincerely wish my ex-boyfriend will win every match except the one against me? All promises become drifting clouds in front of the reality of trying to get ahead.”

Little Fatty: “If OP is second in their group and we happen to have bad luck in drawing, we’ve beaten them a few times in skirmishes, right?”

Lu Sicheng: “We have to face them sooner or later.”

Little Fatty: “Maybe OP will get sent packing by some other teams before we have to face them.”

Lu Sicheng: “Then what about TAT?”

Little Fatty: “We’ve beaten them a few times during skirmishes-- --when Lu Yue was playing.”

Tong Yao rolled her eyes.

Lu Sicheng gave Little Fatty a glance, then reached over to grab the pamphlet out of Tong Yao’s hand. He slightly bent over and got closer to ask her in a small voice: “Have you decided where to go?”

“It doesn’t matter.” In the dim light inside the bus, Tong Yao noticed that Lu Sicheng’s usually stone face was unusually mellow. She reached over to pinch his face: “I’ll go wherever you’ll go.”

She had the same idea that Lu Sicheng had earlier.

Something flashed in Lu Sicheng’s eyes and his lips curved up: “Shopping?”

Tong Yao shook her head without even giving it a thought: “I don’t have anything I want to buy.”

Lu Sicheng grabbed her hand and used it to pat his chest: “You have a human ATM machine here and you’re telling me that?”

Tong Yao pulled her hand back: “Am I attracted by your money?”

Lu Sicheng’s smile widened: “Are you attracted by my money?”

Tong Yao placed the back of her hand onto his forehead: “Are you alright? Why do you want me to spend your money so badly?”

Lu Sicheng didn’t push her hand off: “En, when you like a person, you simply want to let her spend all of your money. If I have 10 dollars, I’ll let her spend 9.50 and use the leftover 50 cents to buy a bun in case she was hungry.”

Lu Sicheng’s voice could be heard by everyone on the bus. Amid all the “eew”s, Little Fatty was saying: “I’ve played support for you for three years and fed you countless kills. I'm not greedy at all, just give me a Givenchy dog shirt.”...... Tong Yao pushed Lu Sicheng’s head back while laughing and watched him slump back in the back row.



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

13 comments:

  1. Does it make me a shallow person if I also want a human ATM Machine boyfriend who is good looking and will not hesitate to give me all his attention? 'cause having a boyfriend who is like LSC, then I don't mind being called shallow. lol

    Thank you for the update :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E sports Male MCs are giving me false hope about men like yangyang in Love 020 and God Gun

      Delete
    2. I was just saying this. Xiao Nai (Love O2O) and Lu Sicheng are giving me unrealistic expectation on esports men, as well as men in general. I mean where can we ever find males like them in real life?

      Delete
    3. Xiao Nai, Ye Xiu/Ye Qiu, Yu Tu are all characters played by Yang Yang. I think Yang Yang might be one male like that in real world lol. He's super cute too! 😍 ♥

      Delete
  2. Wondering if he wants to go ring shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want a man like him 😭 in my 22 years of existence in this planet i haven't find one 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't find one. In my 30 years of roaming earth, I never found one. So better lower your expectations now 🤣

      Delete
    2. 41 years here (almost 42). There are good men out there, but they are very few and far between, and they generally aren't rich.

      I was lucky enough to find a great guy, who is a lot like LSC in a lot of respects, but he's definitely not a human atm, and doesn't want to spend all his money on me (nor do I want him to). I can support myself just fine thank you.

      Ladies dreaming about a wealthy man is all fine and good, but find a man that treats you well and is there for you when you need him and makes you laugh every single day, even if you don't see him or talk to him or get messages from him, when just thinking about the crazy thing he did or said last time you saw him makes you laugh, do your best to keep that guy. He will fill your life with love and joy even when life is hard.

      Delete
  4. I would let my gf spend most of my money
    but I don't have money lol

    ReplyDelete