Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Those Sweet Times - Chapter 74 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



Those Sweet Times
Chapter 74 Part 2

Ren Danyan had dinner with friends that night and didn’t come home until after 9pm. She found her husband looking at photo albums when she arrived at home.

“What are you looking at?” Ren Danyan set down her stuff and walked over. Though she had asked the question, she already had the answer in mind-- --her husband was probably looking at pictures of Xiang Nuan when she was little.

When she came closer, she found out that she was wrong.

The album he was looking at were all portraits she had taken at photographic studios while she was still a student.

Looking at herself who was all dolled up in those pictures, Ren Danyan blushed: “What are looking at those for? Don’t look at them.”

“Oh.” Xiang Daying listened to his wife and switched to another album.

Inside this one, it was full of headshots of Ren Danyan, with her young daughter and husband showing up occasionally.

Seeing those headshots, Ren Danyan hurriedly took the album away from her husband: “Don’t look.”

Xiang Daying chuckled and pointed next to him: “Sit down. Why are you just standing there?”

After Ren Danyan sat down, Xiang Daying sighed: “Well, I just happened to remember the times when we were in our twenties. Back then you liked to buy clothes, get your hair permed, and then have pictures taken of yourself. I liked to watch foreign movies and went sightseeing. One time we went camping and saw monkeys and a baby deer up in the mountains, remember?”

“How can I forget? The monkey took our camera away. That baby deer had probably been raised by someone and wasn’t afraid of humans at all. I fed it and it slept inside my tent that night.”

“And, do you remember, there was a period of time you especially liked to dance and went to the ballroom. My father-in-law couldn’t understand it and went to the ballroom to look for you, wanting to spank you.”

“Why do you mention these things in the past?”

Xiang Daying shook his head with a smile: “I just suddenly discovered that I’ve done a lot of things when I was around twenty, some useful and some meaningless. But if you let me  think back, the things that stand out the most in my mind are those meaningless ones.” He stopped before continuing: “Kids around their twenties all like to have fun. That’s what being young is all about.”

Ren Danyan knew he was referring to Xiang Nuan and said: “Nuannuan hasn’t been through any setbacks, that’s why she can’t grow up.”

“I, instead, hope that she won’t grow up forever and be our Nuannuan always.”

“Nevermind about that. She’s now Chuyan’s Nuannuan.”

Xiang Daying’s face dropped.

Ren Danyan enjoyed seeing her husband’s reaction and added: “Don’t worry, I’ve already asked Chuyan to watch over her.”

“I -  am - worried!”

-- --

Oblivion called Lin Chuyan on the phone.

“Chuyan, I received a case of facial masks.”

“I know. That’s my gift to you for making into trial training.”

The corner of Oblivion’s eyebrow twitched, he had never heard of sending facial masks as a gift for trial training. But there was something more he really couldn’t comprehend-- --

“The facial masks are alright, but what's the lipstick even for? Now my teammates are all looking at me weirdly.”

“The lipstick should be a complimentary gift from the merchant.”

“Even so, I can’t have it. How about I give it to you?”

“I have no use for it either. I won’t give a complimentary gift to my girlfriend as a gift. Just give it to your teammates, whoever you prefer.”

Oblivion didn’t give it away, because it felt awkward giving lipstick to another guy. But he thought it would be wasteful to throw it away, so he hid it.

He thought he could use the whitening facial masks once in a while, afterall it was out of the goodwill of Lin Chuyan. Besides, it wasn’t a bad idea to get lighter skin, it’ll make it safer to walk on the street at night.



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

  1. Hm! A good reason to use facial masks! Cute Oblivion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Besides, it wasn’t a bad idea to get lighter skin, it’ll make it safer to walk on the street at night."
    I have no words...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last line makes me so sad :( racism and colourism exist everywhere, but wow it’s so normalized and accepted

    ReplyDelete