Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Saturday, July 17, 2021

You're Beautiful When You Smile - Chapter 172 Part 1

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re Beautiful When You Smile
Chapter 172 Part 1

Since Little Fatty still had diarrhea, he was forbidden from eating any cream. He watched Xiao Rui take all the cream off his slice of cake then sent it all into his own mouth. He mumbled: “I’ve never been this healthy my whole life, not even able to have any cream……”

Xiao Rui stuffed a piece of cake into Little Fatty’s mouth: “Keep having diarrhea then! All you know is to eat!”

Little Fatty grabbed the cake and carefully picked up the cake in small pieces with a fork: “Huh, Tong Yao, why didn’t you say it’s your birthday? When Cheng Ge walked in, I was shocked. I thought the roses were for me and almost peed on my pants-- --”

Tong Yao: “......”

No wonder Little Fatty looked so shaken up when Lu Sicheng walked in the room.

He even came up with things like “In me the tiger sniffs the rose.”

Tong Yao: “Very well, the fear of being out of the closet made you into a poet.”

Little Fatty: “Bah! I’ve always been very cultured. If I didn’t play professionally, I’d have been able to go to either Peking University or Tsinghua.”

Tong Yao was sitting on Lu Sicheng’s lap as Little Fatty was talking-- --Lu Sicheng was quite relaxed at the moment since he had successfully completed his duty as the “good man.” He held on to Tong Yao with both of his arms on her shoulder while checking the notes that Tong Yao had written in her notebook about how to be a support. When he heard the conversation between Tong Yao and Little Fatty, he lazily said: “Those flowers should be given to Little Fatty. Look what you put me through…… If it wasn’t for the fact that I took out your id card to take a look, I’m afraid that 60 years later you would still tell our grandson: ‘The first year when your grandpa and grandma were together, your grandpa didn’t celebrate my birthday.’”

As he was speaking, his voice was right next to Tong Yao’s ear and Tong Yao’s back could feel the vibration in his chest which lightly tickled her with each word…… Tong Yao laughed, patted the man’s big hand, and tried to grab the notebook back. Lu Sicheng mumbled: “Sheesh, don’t move, I’m checking your homework. If it isn’t good, you have to cough up the cake.”

Tong Yao stopped fighting for the notebook but held his wrist: “I really didn’t mean to keep my birthday a secret. All I could think of today was how well I played support and we’re in a foreign country, so in the end, I’ve forgotten it myself.”

Lu Sicheng: “I don’t believe it.”

Tong Yao: “Alright, you don’t believe it. Then, we’ve been together for quite some time now, why haven’t you asked when my birthday is?”

Lu Sicheng: “......”

Tong Yao: “See, isn’t this asking for trouble? I said it doesn’t matter, you have to say it matters. Now I start to care about it and you don’t know what to say……”

“He probably can’t even remember his own birthday.” Lu Yue, who was sitting on a sofa playing a game on his cell phone, said without even looking up: “It’s not that I'm trying to get him off the hook. If you two have a fight about this and break up, that’d be so nice. I won’t have to listen to you two for the rest of my life-- --But, the problem is, in our family no one celebrates birthdays except my mom. She would start talking about her birthday three days beforehand which effectively avoids the embarrassment of her birthday being forgotten by the family……”

Tong Yao pointed at Lu Yue: “When’s yours?”

Lu Yue thought about it: “It seems to be around May Day. It’s passed.”

Tong Yao moved her body and turned to cup Lu Sicheng’s face. She gave him a kiss on his nose tip: “Then how about yours? You’re a Scorpio, your birthday hasn’t come yet.”

Lu Sicheng used the tip of his nose to rub her and said in a deep voice: “I’ll go check my id card. I’ll celebrate my birthday this year; I want presents.”

Tong Yao giggled. Everyone in the room looked the other way in embarrassment, like they had seen something they shouldn’t have.

They stayed a while longer to keep Little Fatty company. At around midnight, Xiao Rui cleaned up the cake and started to rush them to leave. He said that because of their visit to Little Fatty, he had to cancel the scheduled skirmish with CK tonight and CK’s manager was pissed off-- --If Little Fatty couldn’t get out of the hospital, he should find a trash bin somewhere to throw himself in……

Finally they left the hospital.

The hospital staff watched them leave with a confused look on their faces. They couldn’t understand why the visitors didn’t bring anything for the patient but on their way out, it was one of the visitors who had a large bouquet of red roses in her hand……



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

7 comments:

  1. They got together not knowing each other's birthday πŸ˜† And some girls do hold grudges if their firsts (birthday, anniversary etc.) with their boyfriend is not celebrated.

    And as always, thank you for your hardwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for next update as the drama already completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo sweet update. Thank you~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please update it as fast as you can .. I have lost my patience level 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been reading here since Chapter 1. Thank you for your effortsπŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete