Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Monday, June 14, 2021

You're Beautiful When You Smile - Chapter 166 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re Beautiful When You Smile
Chapter 166 Part 2

Tong Yao was lost in thought and suddenly figured out the meaning of what Lu Sicheng said to her last night, “You’d be better off begging me than trying to find a master.” She controlled her urge to beat up the man and rushed to catch up with him: “Lu Sicheng, I’m disheartened.”

Lu Sicheng didn’t even look back: “What’s wrong?”

Tong Yao reached over to clutch the hem of Lu Sicheng’s clothes: “I suddenly realize that you’re a heartless person.”

Lu Sicheng slowed down a little and curved his lips up: “What?”

The cheering from the audience was still loud and clear. Tong Yao paused for a moment before saying: “Yesterday you fed me kills, even a quadra-kill. It was like a couple in their love bubble, anything I said was good and you would accommodate me. But today, you snatched the kill right from me, turned against me. It’s like you’re trying to tell me that if one day you no longer love me anymore, I’ll starve to death and you won’t even give me a sip of hot soup.”

Lu Sicheng laughed.

In the beginning, Tong Yao was joking. But towards the end, she started to feel uneasy-- --Even though she felt that she was being childish and fussing over something trivial, she still tightly tugged his clothes and frowned: “What are you laughing about? I’m serious.”

The passageway to the backstage was a little narrow. Little Fatty was walking right ahead of them. Lu Sicheng slowed down, so he and Tong Yao began to fall behind their teammates-- --When Tong Yao tugged at his clothes, Lu Sicheng suddenly stopped and turned around. Amidst the loud cheering of “Chessman” “Chessman” “Chessman”, he held onto Tong Yao’s shoulder, bent over to kiss her knitted eyebrows, and quietly and gently said: “That’s easy to take care of. I’ll just love you for your whole life.”

The noise surrounding her seemed to have disappeared all of a sudden.

Tong Yao was taken aback-- --Has he ever made such a promise to her before?

It didn’t seem like he had.

Lu Sicheng released her and straightened up, his big hand picked up her hand.

The two walked forward, shoulder to shoulder-- --Tong Yao didn’t know when it had started but now Lu Sicheng knew to slow down so his steps could match the short legs next to him…… Tong Yao pinched his fingers: “What about when I’m old and ugly?”

“I don’t know what gave you the impression that it was your beauty that won me over……” Lu Sicheng stopped for a while, his fingers starting to hurt: “I’m older than you by 5 years. When you’re old and ugly, I’ll be even older.”

“A model answer would be: You’ll always look beautiful in my mind no matter how old you are.”

“Oh.”

“But a whole life is too long. Captain, you’re just saying that.”

“How long can it be?” Lu Sicheng, with his eyelashes covering his dark brown pupils, unassumingly said: “Play competitions, retire, marry you-- --The exact sequence of events can be switched according to the actual situation-- --Have a daughter, then a son-- --Watch League of Legends shut down, carry backpacks for the children-- --Watch the children grow up, get married-- --Then we get old-- --One day, I’ll stand at your funeral describing your glorious life; counting how many games you’d carried and how many Koreans you’d made cry when you were young. Then I’ll carve “This woman was beautiful all her life, I love her” on your tombstone…… See, a whole life is just as short as that. Why would you feel it’s long?”

“......”

Tong Yao turned her head slightly, with her mouth slightly open and looked at the man next to her dumbfounded. It’s impossible that this man majored in law, he must be a Chinese language and literature major?

Otherwise, how could he be this good at phrasing words?

Listening to him describe the possible life they would have in such a calm and slow tone of voice made Tong Yao feel like crying-- --Not only had she gotten over the uneasy feeling that developed when Lu Sicheng took her kill from her. Now she was willing to feed him all the kills for the rest of her life. 

Just like Little Fatty would feed Lu Sicheng.

With just a few words, Lu Sicheng had turned Tong Yao, the mid, into a support.




Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

9 comments:

  1. That is one way to basically propose. Lu Sicheng is such a sweet talker without making it feel like a sweet talk. HAHAH I don't know if anyone understands that but thats that. HAHA

    Thanks for the update :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I understood it perfectly! And I love how matter-of-fact person he is!! Hahahaha

      Delete
    2. Liking how they are together. Starting off with the reads

      Delete
  2. that was...so touching. if i was tong yao, i would shed tears right on the spot. ahhhhhhhhhhh--- where are you, my lu si cheng?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed when LSC took TY's kill just because he got jealous. I thought she'll get mad at him and not speak to him until the finals ended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “I don’t know what gave you the impression that it was your beauty that won me over……” Haha, LSC is really begging to be single, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete