Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Starlight Has No Past - Chapter 28 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



Starlight Has No Past
Chapter 28 Part 2

Ye Qiao’s hand was very slim. Wen Shaoqian had to gathered his fingers close together to hold her hand. He had taken a liking to the quiet, elegant woman in front him.

He gently said: “Don’t call me doctor, my name is Wen Shaoqian.”

“Doctor Wen.” Ye Qiao only added his last name, then she casually brought up what she had been thinking since she came through the front door: “The flowers in your garden are very beautiful.”

“You’ve come right at the time when they’re in full bloom. It must be fate for us to meet at this time .” He handed a business card to Ye Qiao and said with a smile: “Qianxi has given me your contact information. I’ll send you a message tonight. If you need anything in the future, you can contact me anytime.”

Ye Qiao took the business card and became more attentive when she heard the word ‘fate.’ She particularly noticed the coziness with which he mentioned Qianxi. She asked: “Do you know Qianxi very well?”

“Not that well. Her father and my mother are college classmates. But I studied in England since high school, so I haven’t had much interaction with her family.” Wen Shaoqian had a gentle and warm smile, even when he jokingly said: “If I know Qianxi had such a beautiful cousin like Ms. Ye, I probably would’ve stayed in the country for a few more years.”

Ye Qiao immediately understood what was going on behind the scene. She had no intention of bringing it to the surface, but implied: “Then, there was little ‘fate’ at play today.”

The hallway in the old building was dim and a bit chilly. Ye Qiao closed the door to the consultation room behind her. An orange light lit up by the motion sensor.

At almost the same moment the light lit up, Ye Qiao took out her cell phone from her bag and called Qianxi.

Qianxi had a night shift last night and had slept till the evening. She had been woken up by the call: “Hello-- --Cousin? Have you been to Shaoqian Ge’s place? How do you feel?”

Ye Qiao sneered: “Do you mean how do I feel about the consultation or the doctor?”

Qianxi shuddered, now wide awake. She could hear in the phone the echo of Ye
Qiao’s high heels walking in the empty hallway. Each clunk felt like the heels digging in her face. She pleaded: “Cousin…...don’t kill me.”

“Kill you for what?”

Qianxi couldn’t take the pressure and completely let out the whole story: “I really didn’t do this on purpose…...It’s my dad. He heard about what had happened to you, so he wanted to arrange for you to meet a suitable man. It so happens that his classmate’s son has good looks and just returned back home. He happened to be a very good psychiatrist. Such a coincidence, it’s fate!”

Ye Qiao sneered again at the mention of ‘fate.’

Ye Qiao was at the end of the hallway and found Zhou Tingsheng wasn’t in the tea room. She remembered what had happened two hours ago and the fierce look in his eyes. She became anxious.

Qianxi was still on the phone trying to persuade her cousin: “I’ve checked him out for you beforehand. Shaoqian Ge certainly isn’t as handsome as those male actors, but he’s good looking as well. Besides, he got a PHD abroad, has a nice disposition and good taste. Furthermore, his family background is terrifyingly good. Where can you find this kind of eligible bachelor! If I don’t have my Doctor Fu, I would’ve chased after Shaoqian Ge long ago!”

“Go ahead.”

“Cou-----sin-----!”

Ye Qiao was unswayed: “There’s no next time. Don’t do this kind of silly thing again. I’m hanging up.”

Qianxi looked at her cell phone and scratched at her hair into a mess. Ahhhh! She couldn’t count how many times her cousin had hung up on her!



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment