Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Thursday, April 20, 2023

You're My Belated Happiness - Chapter 70 Side Story 3 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re My Belated Happiness
Chapter 70 Side Story 3 Part 2

When the homeroom teacher heard about what Zhao Yi blurted out in his sleep, he felt the situation was getting serious. He suspected the pressure of the college entrance exam was getting too much for Zhao Yi’s handle. He called Zhao Yi’s mother to come to school after school on Friday evening.

Most of the students had gone home and only some of the seniors were staying at school to study. Zhao Yi was one of those students.

The homeroom teacher and Mrs. Zhao spoke in the office. Afterwards, they walked to the classroom with a heavy heart. When they reached the classroom, they heard a female voice coming out of the window: “You’ve drawn the wrong auxiliary line, that’s why you can’t solve it. For this problem, the line should be drawn this……”

The teacher and the mother subconsciously slowed down and peeked through the window. They saw a girl dressed in a school uniform sitting on a chair next to Zhao Yi in the back row. She was looking down, drawing an auxiliary line on the test sheet. After she was done, she looked sideways to Zhao Yi: “Like this, understand?”

Zhao Yi: “Hrm, I seem to get it. Let me try it.” As he was talking, he took the pen and started to work on the problem. Three minutes later, he slapped the desk with quite a bit of force.

The girl was startled. She patted her chest and stared at him: “What are you doing?”

Zhao Yi was overjoyed: “I got it, it really is 45 degrees!”

“It’s such a simple problem, what are you so excited about……” She took a glance at him, but when she turned her head away, her lips curved up. When he looked over at her, she changed back to a long face again and impatiently asked: “Any other problems that you don’t know how to solve? Hurry, I have to go home.”

The two adults next to the window gave each other a look and quietly walked away.

When Xu Huaishi finished going over the math test sheet, the sun had already set.

Seeing Xu Huaishi put on her school bag and walk towards the door, Zhao Yi called after her: “How are you going to get home? You're getting a ride?”

“It’s not safe to get a ride. My mom won’t let me. I’ll just take the route 19 bus.”

“Then let me take you to the bus stop. Wait for me.”

“No need to be so melodramatic, don’t I know the way? Geez!” Xu Huaishi walked out of the classroom. When she was at the school gate, she heard wind whining behind her. Then, Zhao Yi, on a bicycle, stopped in front of her.

Zhao Yi was panting: “I said wait for me.”

Xu Huaishi blinked: “When did you add a back seat to your bike?”

“Almost a month now. Your eyes can only see your Shican Gege everyday.”

“......”

Was there any comparison to speak of?

Xu Huaishi raised her chin and deliberately provoked him: “That’s right. Because you’re on the two wheeled bike and he’s driving the four wheeled Carrera.”

Zhao Yi: “Um, Carrera? My family drives Reventon.”

“Stop boasting. If this globally limited luxury car has ever showed up at school once, you’ll be famous all over the school. Now it’s been almost three years, why haven’t I ever heard or seen it?”

“That’s because my family is keeping a low key. If I really came to school in that car, won’t I be surrounded by all the girls everyday? Won’t that influence my studies?”

Xu Huaishi was used to hearing him talking nonsense and didn’t believe him at all: “You think you’re shooting a TV drama?”

Zhao Yi didn’t bother to argue: “Tsk, are you getting on?”

Xu Huaishi turned to go away: “No, it’s too cold. It’s warmer to walk.”

Zhao Yi stopped her, took down the scarf around his neck, then put the scarf on her to cover her neck and face tightly: “Hurry, only five minutes left till the last bus’ here.”

Xu Huaishi looked down at her watch: “Ahh.”

So that’s why he insisted on taking her to the bus stop.



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment