Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Thursday, April 13, 2023

You're My Belated Happiness - Chapter 69 Side Story 2 Part 3

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re My Belated Happiness
Chapter 69 Side Story 2 Part 3

Ruan Yu continued: “Huaishi, the thing we try to avoid in life is the plague, not our feelings. You’re smart. Since you’ve realized his feelings towards you, it’s better for you to confront it face on than being hesitant and overcautious. You need to think it through then figure out a sensible way, which would be good to both you and him, to handle it.”

Xu Huaishi ruminated on the words Ruan Yu had told her throughout the New Year’s holiday.

On the day they returned to school, she left home early and called Zhao Yi, asking him to meet her at the milk tea place near school.

Since it was on such short notice, Zhao Yi arrived a little late. He came in, took off the scarf, rubbed his hands together and said: “What’s up? You’re planning to sneak into the school archive again?”

Xu Huaishi shook her head and took a look at him: “Did you do your homework over break?”

“Do I look like someone who would do homework? You should tell me beforehand that you need to copy homework, I have to ask others……”

“I’ve done mine.” She said the words one by one and took out a stack of practice tests from her school bag.

“Um, you want me to copy yours? It’s not necessary……”

“Zhao Yi!” Xu Huaishi interrupted him: “Who’s going to let you copy their homework? You never listen during classes, won’t study after class, never do the homework, and guess your way through all the exams. Do you want to get into college?”

Zhao Yi was surprised: “What’s wrong with you? Acting like the class president?”

Xu Huaishi frowned seriously: “Answer me earnestly. There are only a little over five months until the college entrance exam. Do you want to go to college?”

Zhao Yi quieted down: “If I get in one then I’ll go. If not, then forget about it.”

“Then……”

“Then what”

“Then……”

Xu Huaishi couldn’t say it after two tries. She changed the topic and said: “Give me your cell phone.”

Zhao Yi took out his phone and watched Xu Huaishi use her thumb to unlock it.

“......”

He was silent for a moment then got excited: “Shoot, when did you put your fingerprint into my phone without me knowing it?”

Xu Huaishi gritted her teeth and looked at him: “Say that again? Was it that I took your cell phone behind your back or was it you who got my fingerprint without my knowledge?”

Zhao Yi’s Adam’s apple rolled and acknowledged the latter with an “oh.”

“Let’s continue what we left out. You said that if you can get into college then you’ll go, otherwise you’ll forget about it. Then……does it mean that you won’t care whether this thumb print can unlock your phone or not in the future?”

Zhao Yi was taken aback: “What do you mean?”

“What I mean is……” Xu Huaishi took a deep breath: “You don’t want to go to the same college with me?”



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment