Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

You're My Belated Happiness - Chapter 23 Part 4

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re My Belated Happiness
Chapter 23 Part 4

Li Shican spoke first: “It’s alright, just a small case. My team will resolve this matter. You go home, get some rest. Don’t look at Weibo for the next few days.”

Ruan Yu nodded. After Li Shican left, she leaned back into the chair, feeling exhausted both mentally and physically.

Xu Huaisong didn’t say anything. He drove the car out of the garage towards Ruan Yu’s apartment. When they arrived, they saw a BMW park there.

Ruan Yu pulled open the car door and just got out of the car when she heard Xu Huaisong say “wait a minute.”

Ruan Yu stopped as Xu Huaisong released his seatbelt and got out of the car. At the same time, a man walked out of the BMW as well.

The man walked a few steps in front of Ruan Yu and said: “Is this Ms. Ruan?” He then pointed at the person sitting at the back seat of the BMW: “Ms. Cen’s father would like to have a talk with you.”

Xu Huaisong circled around in front of Ruan Yu: “He can talk to me.”

The man looked confused: “And you are?”

“I’m her lawyer.”

The driver turned his head to take a look and saw Cen Rongshen nod his head and walk out of the back seat. He walked slowly with a cane until he was in front of both of them. In the darkness, his sharp eyes were as compelling as the eyes of an eagle.

Ruan Yu subconsciously made a small step to hide behind Xu Huaisong.

The next moment, the confrontation that they had expected didn’t happen. This middle aged man solemnly bowed to both of them, a 90 degree bow. Then he straightened up and said: “Ms. Ruan, I’m very sorry to cause so much trouble for you. I apologize to you on behalf of Sisi. I also apologize to you as Sisi’s father. It’s because I have neglected to discipline her and care for her that created all these problems today.”

It was totally not what Ruan Yu had expected and for the moment, she didn’t know what to say.

Xu Huaisong stepped one step aside, no longer blocking Ruan Yu.

Cen Rongshen nodded to him as if to show his appreciation. Then he continued: “I just got the diagnosis report today which confirms that Sisi has a serious mental disease. That’s why she sometimes has obsessive and aggressive behavior, it’s not just aimed at you. Of course, I’m not saying this to you in the hope of gaining your sympathy and understanding. She had done something wrong, there’s no excuse for it. You have the right to demand accountability and the Cen family has the obligation to compensate you. I’m just thinking you deserve an explanation.”

Ruan Yu blinked and was silent for a moment before nodding her head: “Thank you.”

Cen Rongshen gave her a smile. He was probably someone who didn't smile much usually. When he squeezed the corner of his mouth, the smile looked rather awkward.

He said: “I already knew about the compensation agreement from the court judgement. In addition, I would like to pay you a sum for any emotional damage. Or, is there anything else you need to be compensated for?” 

Ruan Yu shook her head: “I only wish the after effects of this incident can be minimized as much as possible. My and Li Shican’s lives can go back to where they were as soon as possible.”

“That’s for sure, even without you demanding it.” Cen Rongsheng was now smiling much more naturally: “Shican is a stubborn kid…… Rest assure, I’ll work with him to clarify the whole thing. When it’s necessary, I’m willing to make my daughter’s illness public.” 

Cen Rongshen took a look at Xu Huaisong after making himself clear. It looked like he was asking for Xu Huaisong's opinion as Ruan Yu’s attorney.

Xu Huaisong gently smiled and said: “I have no issue with the compensation. But may I ask Mr. Cen, how did you find this place tonight?”

Cen Rongshen paused then shook his head to indicate that he had forgotten something: “I’m getting old, kept forgetting things. I’ve forgotten the most important thing. The reason why I’m here tonight is also to remind Ms. Ruan that I’ve found your address in Sisi’s notebook. I’m not clear whether she has done any other extreme actions or not. In the next couple of days I’ll check all her outside contacts to make sure. To be on the safe side, I hope you don’t stay here for the time being. I’ll be responsible for all the expenses incurred.”

Ruan Yu looked up at the pitch black window of 302 of the apartment building. She tried to stay calm and said: “Alright.”

Cen Rongshen said goodbye to both of them and turned around to get into his car.

Ruan Yu hadn’t fully recovered from the information she had just heard from Mr. Cen, but heard Xu Huaisong say: “Let’s go. Get some clothes upstairs.”

“Hum?”

“You’re staying at my place tonight.”



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

  1. You just love to cut every chapter in the best cliffhanger possible. Thank you for keep translating

    ReplyDelete