Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

You're Beautiful When You Smile - Chapter 191 Part 5 FINAL

Hello everyone!

This is the last chapter to You're Beautiful When You Smile. We hope you enjoyed this over 4 year project, it even got turned into a drama!

We will still continue to translate You're My Belated Happiness and each part will be released every Tuesday and Thursday at 11 pm Pacific Standard Time. But we plan to take a break from picking up a new translation for the month of November to relax. We'll come back next month (December 2021) with a new story. 

Best regards,
DHH Translation Team



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re Beautiful When You Smile
Chapter 191 Part 5 - FINAL

Amidst all the confusion, Tong Yao felt someone pick her up and she was against a warm and solid chest-- --Both of her feet left the ground. Subconsciously, she circled her hands around Lu Sicheng’s neck. Lu Sicheng then strode out of the soundproof room. He used his shoulder to push the door open……

Lu Yue, Ming god, Xiao Rui, and the coach all rushed onstage and hugged the five players coming out of the soundproof room. Tong Yao felt that someone had rubbed snot and tears on her arms and waist…… But at the moment she couldn’t speak, just cry while laugh foolishly on Lu Sicheng’s shoulder, like a person with a mental disorder-- --

They all stepped up to the Summoner’s cup which was their long cherished goal.

Lu Sicheng put down Tong Yao, then the six members of the team stood in circle around the column with the championship cup on top of it-- --

The lighting on the stage turned on, colorful confetti began falling from above, the noise of the world seemed to have come back. There was thunderous applause along with chanting in Chinese-- --

“Zhong Guo Dian Xin Zhan Dui!”[1]

“Zhong Guo Dian Xin Zhan Dui!”

“Zhong Guo Dian Xin Zhan Dui!”

Tong Yao slightly squinted her eyes and raised her head to look at the densely packed audience. From the corner of her eyes she saw a red flag slowly being spread out. It was passed slowly and steadily between many pairs of hands from the back of the seats to the front of the stage-- --

Xiao Rui ran over to take the national flag

Amidst the random laughter near her ears, she heard someone say “one, two, three.” She suddenly came back to herself and hurriedly put her hands onto the championship cup. The cool touch of the metal somewhat cooled her overheated head-- --

In front of millions of viewers, they finally lifted the cup, the dream of tens of thousands of fans and all the professional players!

……

It was the most glorious day in the history of the Chinese League of Legends Professional League.

Those on the stage jumped up and embraced each other. They were shouting and jumping like a bunch of crazy people. Fans posted hundreds of posts every second and the titles were pretty much the same:

Congratulations to ZGDX, congratulations to LPL!

We have a championship now! ! ! 

The Chinese League of Legends Professional League, LPL, has a championship now!

At the same time, the young players on the stage hugged each other, laughing. They took over a bright Five-star Red Flag and let the flag be seen once again on the stage of esports-- --

Maybe one day they would retire, get married, have kids, then leave the competition stage which they had once shed their blood, sweat, and tears for……

But they would forever love the esports business.

To those people who had stood up when LPL badly needed a championship to prove itself-- --

No one could forget that day when sitting at home, in an internet cafe, in a bar, watching the stream and crying like a baby.

No one could either forget those players, though their eyes were turning red, as they lifted up the championship cup with smiling faces.

They stood at the top of the world, under the spotlight, and unfolded the bright Five-star Red Flag……

They lifted up the flag over their heads at the same height as the championship cup

The competition was over.

Those young people still have a long way to go. Yet as long as there’s esports, their legend will remain.


-------------THE END------------

 [1] ZGDX’s name, literally China Telecom Team (中国电信战队)



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

43 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 😭😭😭 I THOUGHT THERE'LL BE LIKE SOME ROMANCE LEFT!!

    But anyways, thank you for translating this all the way to this ending ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can this end like this!!!!!😭😭😭😭 still no enough waaaahhhh HAHAHAHAHA thank you for translating the novel from beginning until the end❤️❤️❤️❤️💋💋💋 thank you so so so much for giving us the chance to read and understand the novel fully😘🥳🎉👏🏻✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I wasn't ready!!! but thank you for all your hard work! I'm very much gonna miss this story ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your hard work! I enjoyed reading the novel after watching the drama. I was always looking forward to M, W, F, S updates haha. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for all of your efforts. I can't believe it's over lol. I appreciate yall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Followed this early in 2018, I was working then up until the 3rd year of my post-graduate course. I think this would be my first comment, if it isn’t I don’t remember if I ever did. Thank you very much for translating this novel. It was something I looked forward to this 3x up to 4x a week and most of the time it has been a comforting and enjoyable wait. I look forward to reading more of your projects. May God bless you and keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is anyone aware if it is possible to get the actual novel in simplified chinese for international fans like online stores that sells it? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you search in https://www.carousell.sg/ ?
      There’re some Chinese novels offer there...

      Delete
  8. I'm right now!!! ZGDX we made it!! Even though the drama and novel is not enough, the impact of this story will be forever remembered by me. I feel like I'm one of those fans who's watching you take the championship cup. I hope I can see the two of you married cheng-yao but...... I will miss this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the translations. I have followed it daily and looked forward for updates. You guys have done a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the translations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This feeling is familiar 😭😭😭😭😭
    I felt this way when I finished watching falling into your smile 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Let's all cry together
    I will sleep early now 😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Love ybwys

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waaaa 😭😭😭 I wasn't expecting this.. 😭😭😭 maybe an epilogue of ehat happened after S6 is coming??

    Can we request for a prologue? We want to know what happened after..

    The ending was so short but bot sweet.. 😅 Kindly.. please.. pretty please... Epilogue.. epilogue... Epilogue..

    ReplyDelete
  13. After 4 years of waiting its done. Literally crying from happiness. Love ZGDX. ❤ thank you for the efforts and patience. Thank you 😊 💓 ☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait wait wait ... that's it?
    Anyways many many thanks for translating this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the hard work!!!!!!!!!
    I love the novel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your diligent work all these years. It's been a joy to follow this project - especially after watching the TV-series - and getting a proper ending. I now imagine them married with kids (and at least one will go into e-sports!)

    I look forward to your next project and in the meantime will continue reading "You're My Belated Happiness" as it is very good - keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. When the drama end i started reading the novel. Really Amazing story 💞💞💞.
    Thanku u so much for translation 🥰.

    Actually i was expecting some more from smile & LSC 😋😋😋....
    Hope they will make s2 of this novel

    ReplyDelete
  18. wahhhh that was great...i will keep reading this all over again.. and thank you for the translation i hope there's pdf file fof this so that i can downloaded it and read the story for many time's 😁

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its been 3 years since I followed this novel. I'm happy at the same time sad that its ending.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for all the effort and hardwork translating this story🙂

    ReplyDelete
  21. Damn i read this for 4 years and i cant believe it has been this long. Thank you for everything

    ReplyDelete
  22. WaAHHHHHH that was literally good😭 you are so good, It's so cool and beautiful in the same time. Author can I use the name Smiling in my name in ML? Please please please ❤️ I love you. I promise I will become a professional player also in future❤️

    ReplyDelete
  23. Is there not an epilogue in the published book version of this? haha im just wondering since sometimes the author adds a scene or epilogue when the work gets published.

    By the way Congratulations for finishing this novel! This novel opened the door for me. It was the first chinese novel i started reading definitely was not the last. Thank you for all your hard work

    ReplyDelete
  24. was prepapared for the lackluster ending. I mean happy for the zgdx win but I need something MORE. lol

    anyway, Thank you soooooo much for translating,editing and sharing this novel!! as a non gamer, I never thought I’d be into reading a book all about e-sports.

    May you all stay safe and happy! Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for spending four years of your time on this amazing project. I now want to watch the drama. Please rest as much as you like. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much to Team DHH for translating this novel. Although as a reader I still want more.😭😭😭

    Might re-watch the drama again. 😅✌🏼
    But you guys deserve the break, come back well rested.☺️

    Once again thank you so much for your hard work and looking forward to reading your next project 🥰💚👌🏼

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww. I will miss this team. I was shouting "WHERE'S THE DIAMOND RING PROPOSAL?"

    Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow watched the drama felt in love with the story, the characters and the visual for the game... i started reading a week ago i just finished, but i miss them already 😊
    i don't know how many people worked on that project but thank you everyone!! 🙇‍♀️
    you did a really good and tough job 👌🙇‍♀️
    Thank you so much 💜💙

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, four years, it doesn't feel like that long ago when I first found this novel when it first started updating. I'm a bit late since I stacked chapters and then just finished reading all of them, but thank you so much for all your hard work and giving us all this wonderful content!

    I'm a tad sad that we don't see an epilogue of them getting married or in their married lives, or even the all stars event I noticed which sounds fun, but it makes sense to end it here. No matter what comes after, they've reached the highest stage together.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Finally finished binge reading this. Thank you for the translator and his/her group for bringing this to us. Anyway, I was quite dissatisfied with how the author did not bring a proper closure for their romance (aka wedding scene). Not even mother in law scene is written and I was looking forwad to that so much :(

    But the gaming aspect being written here isn't bad. There are few inconsistencies compared to the actual League of legends game, but it is mostly accurate. You guys don't know how hard I laughed at the comedy because I can accurately imagine the scene happening there, due to my full understanding of League of legends game itself.

    And coincidentally, few months ago (should be around the timing of this final chapter's translations release) a Chinese team from LPL called 'Edward Gaming' ACTUALLY won League of legends' 2021 world championship (should be season 11/S11 now..? compared to S6 worlds in this novel) in real life... congratulations for them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you really know about it haha. But don't you know that 'Weixiao' (means smiling) ? Who is mentioned in the novel, is the prototype of Lu sicheng's role. He was a legendary ad in S2.

      Delete
  31. Thank you so much for translating the novel, your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you very much for the translation
    Do you know if there is a 2 part?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you very much🙏👏👏👍

    ReplyDelete
  34. I wasn't ready for this to end. I just watched the drama last week and hurried to look for the story when I knew there was a translation. Definitely my favorite c-drama. If one day I learn Chinese, I'll be for this story I feel like there's so much context missing from their culture and idioms.
    Thank you so much for your hard work, I've work on translating from English to Spanish before and I can't imagine what 191 chapters is like, wow 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  35. (以下是作者在结尾写的话,放在这希望更多人知道)
    作者有话要说:  完结啦,真的完结啦,心中有好多好多想法想要说,但是一时间不知道该说什么——从未后悔一脚踏入电竞圈。
      太庆幸抱着试一试的想法,将这篇文写出来,带着你们好多好多人走进这个圈子,看比赛,各自找到了喜欢的队员和支持的战队,认识了我们大王高学成……真的好想泪目啊。
      谢谢大家,谢谢大家半年以来的陪伴,能遇见你们真是太好了QAQ我说过啦,日常的其他各种番外实体书见吧,首先是我不太想把退役读书结婚生孩子啥的这部分内容紧接着夺冠就写,感觉很怪,毕竟这就是一篇单纯的电竞言情嘛对不对,女主就该好好打职业哈哈哈哈哈哈然后是推文推文啦,《微笑》之后的避免大家文荒的现代言情接档文——女主是从傻白甜到毒妇的编辑一只;男主是比诚哥还骚的表里不一作者大神,表面温润如玉私下婊气四射——已经开文很久啦,很肥了哦!!!《执行主编》

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The following is the conclusion of the author's article, hoping that more people who enjoy novels will know



      The author has something to say: it's over, it's really over. There are many thoughts in my heart that I want to say, but I don't know what to say for a moment - I never regret stepping into the esports industry.

      I am so fortunate to have the idea of giving it a try and write this article, which has led many of you into this circle, watching games, finding your favorite team members and supporting teams, and meeting our king, Gao Xuecheng... I really want to cry.

      Thank you all, thank you all for your company over the past six months. It's really great to meet you all, QAQ. As I mentioned before, let's see all kinds of physical books outside of the game in my daily life. First of all, I don't really want to write about retiring, studying, getting married, having children, and so on. I just won the championship and it feels strange. After all, this is just a simple esports romance, right? The female lead should play her profession well haha, and then there is a tweet titled "Smile" The following modern romance continuation article aims to avoid literary waste - the female lead is an editor who goes from being silly and sweet to being a poisonous woman; The male lead is a writer who is even more promiscuous than Cheng Ge, with a warm and gentle surface and a private slutty aura - he has been writing for a long time, very fat!!! Executive Editor in Chief

      Delete