Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Those Sweet Times - Chapter 89 Part 1

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



Those Sweet Times
Chapter 89 Part 1

Three years later.

On June 28th.

“......my weighted gpa is ranked 8th in my class. I’ve received the outstanding student, merit student, and national scholarship awards. In addition, I’ve actively participated in various school activities. I’ve won first prize in a national English speech contest and together with my team, we’ve won the grand prize in a national college students entrepreneurship competition. While I was interning at the Yuelin Group, I’ve won the honor as the group’s “outstanding intern of the year.”......This was my college life. In these four years, I’ve transformed from someone perplexed by the world to being more resolved, from callow to mature. I’ve gained knowledge, grown as a person, and learned how to take on responsibilities. In this season of departing, I wish to say thanks to all my teachers; thank you for your great attention and care as you’ve patiently teached us. I also wish to say thanks to my parents; thank you for raising me, educating me, and indulging my willfulness…....”

With a prepared statement in hand, Xiang Nuan took her time as she read from it. There were over three thousand students, teachers, and guests sitting inside the stadium on the Nanshan University’s Yuanchi campus listening to Xiang Nuan’s speech as the representative of the graduating class.

There was a male student watching her through binoculars at a seat far away from the podium. He was talking to another male student next to him as he watched: “Is this Xiang Nuan? So pretty! Why isn’t there such a goddess at the main campus? It’s not fair!”

“Even if there is, she’s not yours.”

“Lin Chuyan is too crafty! He already set his sights on her when she was only a freshman. Shameless!”

“If he hadn’t started that early, she might be someone else’s.”

“Is it too late to steal her from him?”

“Haven’t you heard the rumor circulating Nanshan University-- --If anyone tries to go after Xiang Nuan, Lin Chuyan would retaliate against that person.”

“Oh? How?”

“Not sure. But according to some people, he’s vicious and sometimes down right perverted. They say that one time he had dragged a guy into the woods and did something to him……”

“What do you mean? It can’t be what I’m thinking?”

“You can think whatever you like. Besides, afterwards he forced that guy to call him ‘mom.’”

“Shit! ! !”

……

Xiang Nuan fluently finished reading her statement and walked off the podium. The audience applauded. She could faintly hear people calling her ‘goddess.’

She wasn’t aware when the students of Nanshan University started to call her goddess. It seemed to have begun after she was with Lin Chuyan?

It was also after that when she became more and more famous.

Lin Chuyan was a man that already carried the spotlight. Once she was with him, it was hard for people not to notice her.

Xiang Naun went back to her own seat for the rest of the graduation ceremony.

“Nuannuan, you were awesome!” Min Lili gave her two thumbs up.

Xiang Nuan was too embarrassed to tell Min Lili that Lin Chuyan had actually helped her polish it. Despite his enjoyment at keeping a high profile and occasionally acting rather presumptuous, Lin Chuyan was quite useful as a boyfriend after all……

Min Lili was going to go abroad for school after graduation. Zheng Dongkai had given up on getting a recommendation to graduate school last year. This year, he had applied to the same school as Min Lili and got accepted.

“Is Zheng Dongkai waiting for you?” Xiang Nuan asked.

“He said no.” Min Lili curved her lips up.

“I don’t think he’s telling the truth. He must have learned it from Lin Chuyan, one takes on the color of one’s company.”

“I don’t think so. Zheng Dongkai may be pretending, but Lin Chuyan is outright ostentatious.”

Xiang Nuan: =  =



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

2 comments: