Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

You're Beautiful When You Smile - Chapter 158 Part 1

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re Beautiful When You Smile
Chapter 158 Part 1

“Anyway, let’s make sure first.” Lu Sicheng patted Tong Yao, who was still wrapped in the blanket in his arms: “Don’t panic, what’s there to be so panicked about. If you’ll have a daughter at this early age, she can go shopping with you in the future and the saleslady would say you two are sisters…… Wouldn’t you like to hear such flattering lies?”

Tong Yao sniffled and imagined that it would be quite a nice scene. Finally she spoke without tearing up: “......You seem to have experience with this.”

Lu Sicheng gave an indifferent laugh: “I’ve heard it so many times when growing up that my ears developed calluses. Last time when I went to Japan with my mom, the saleslady asked my mom whether she was Angelababy and my mom was ecstatic…… All you women are so easy to fool.”

Tong Yao: “......”

She thought her future mother-in-law seemed too easily fooled if she fell for these kind of flattering lies.

Tong Yao moved a bit in Lu Sicheng’s arms: “But I’d like to have a son. When my younger brother was little, he was so cute and followed me around calling me jiejie in his baby voice. And he even danced the elephant dance for me-- --”

Lu Sicheng raised his eyebrows: “Does your brother still dance the elephant dance for you?”

Tong Yao lifted her hand to slap his chest: “He’s a college student now and your little fan.”

Tong Yao was ready to get off the bed since the conversation seemed to have gotten sidetracked. She bent over to check the floor next to the bed and paused-- --Lu Sicheng asked her what was wrong. Tong Yao humphed: “My slippers.”

Lu Sicheng jumped off the bed with only his underwear to get the slippers back from the other side of the room. He watched her slide down from the bed and get into her slippers. He couldn’t help but tease her: “Look how pretentious you are.”

“I’m going to have a baby boy, can’t catch a cold.” Tong Yao put on her slippers and glanced up at him: “Before, you wouldn’t even let me touch cold water when I was having my period. Now you think I’m pretentious. We haven’t even gotten our marriage certificate yet and I’m already the ex-wife now?”

Lu Sicheng: “No. I also especially appreciate that you have such a strong awareness of keeping yourself safe and healthy.”

Tong Yao turned to look at him as he opened her drawers and pulled out oversized shorts and a t-shirt to put on himself. Tong Yao didn’t even know when he had put those clothes into her drawers. She asked, confused: “Are you praising me?”

Lu Sicheng calmly and seriously answered: “Yes.”

Three minutes later, Xiao Rui and Little Fatty, who were sitting at the first floor of the base eating their breakfast oatmeal, looked up to see Lu Sicheng and Tong Yao walk down the stairs side by side-- --Lu Sicheng was holding Tong Yao’s arm, like an eunuch propping the Empress Dowager.

Little Fatty surprised everyone with a frightening look on his face: “You’re pregnant?”

Tong Yao missed a step. Lu Sicheng was quick to hold on to her waist-- --The two of them looked at each other. Both of them broke into cold sweat on their backs. Tong Yao steadied herself and stared at Little Fatty. Xiao Rui slapped down on the table and burst into laughter: “Pregnant is good, the kid would have a bunch of godfathers once he’s born. One pack of diapers from each one of them would last a whole month!”

Little Fatty: “It can’t be. We’ll be six people at the world tournament, does that count as a foul?”

Xiao Rui: “ZGDX mid lane becomes a two people lane. The mystic sixth person at the world tournament, that’ll scare them to death.”

Little Fatty: “Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!”

Tong Yao: “......”

Tong Yao was speechless watching the two having fun with their own imagination…… Only Lu Sicheng was very serious about it. He looked down at Tong Yao’s slippers: “I’ll get you a pair of antiskid ones in the afternoon. But, your cerebellum is underdeveloped, even with a pair of hedgehogs under your feet you can still fall down. What to do about that?”

Tong Yao rolled her eyes: “Then you can just carry me around everywhere?”

Lu Sicheng: “That can be done.”



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the next update! Thank you so much! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a feeling she’s not pregnant... but i kind of want her to be just to read about the shenanigans pregant Tong Yao would get into

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also dont think she is pregnant, but the jokes are fun

    ReplyDelete