Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

You're My Belated Happiness - Chapter 40 Part 3

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re My Belated Happiness
Chapter 40 Part 3

Xu Huaisong got on Ruan Yu’s bed and moved closer to her: “Alright, I was the one who wanted to come to keep you company. Come out of the covers.”

“If you ever mention this again, you can’t even stay in the living room!”

Xu Huaisong gave in: “I won’t mention it again. Come out, it isn’t good to sleep inside the covers.”

The reason why Ruan Yu continued hiding inside the covers wasn’t because she was irritated, rather it was because her face was blood red and she couldn’t show her face.

Xu Huaisong was not aware of this and kept pulling on her covers.

“Aiya, what are you doing!” Ruan Yu firmly grasped the covers so he couldn’t pull it down. After some struggling, Ruan Yu was pulled out from under the covers. She smoothed her hair while panting and glared at him.

Xu Huaisong laughed: “I said nothing when all my 300 plus drafts and all the tricks I pulled were exposed.”

“You deserved it! How you enjoyed reading the novel and forced me to read……” Ruan Yu abruptly stopped talking.

She quickly realized that it was a subject she shouldn’t have brought up.

The very next second, Xu Huaisong feigned ignorance about the topic she was talking about: “Gee, what did I force you to read?”

Ruan Yu turned around and was going to lie down again: “Nothing. I’m going to sleep.”

Xu Huaisong held on to her arm: “Sleep after answering my question.”

Ruan Yu was silent for a moment, then she thought she should clarify the whole thing. She raised one hand in the air: “Let me seriously clarify that I’ve made up that section simply to please my readers. I’ve never ever dreamt that kind……that kind of……”

Xu Huaisong lowered his head and smiled. He said with a tiny voice which even he couldn’t hear clearly himself: “But I had.”

“What did you say?”

He looked up and smiled: “I said, you’re good at making up stories. You haven’t even had any experience of falling in love, yet you were able to write such realistic kissing scenes?”

Ruan Yu stroked her bangs, straightened up her back, and said in a pretentious manner: “Of course. To be a writer, how could we not have some knowledge about everything? I might not have eaten pork before, but how could I have not seen a pig……”

As she was talking, she watched Xu Huaisong take off his glasses and move closer.

Baffled, Ruan Yu looked at the man getting closer to her and said: “You, what are you doing?”

Xu Huaisong blinked and smiled: “I want to feed you some pork.”

“?”

Before Ruan Yu reacted, something soft and coolish touched her lips. – – Xu Huaisong leaned against the bed, one hand on the pillow to support himself and the other hand cupped Ruan Yu’s face to kiss her.

Something flashed in Ruan Yu’s brain. Her heartbeats became irregular. She was so dumbfounded by what was happening that she subconsciously backed away a little.

Xu Huaisong didn’t move forward. Their lips touched and parted right afterwards, but the tips of their noses were still touching each other.

Both of them held their breaths being at such close proximity to each other.

Ruan Yu grasped the bed sheet, gradually tightening her grip, and held her breath to the point that her face started turning red.

Xu Huaisong’s mouth curved up slightly. He touched his nose to hers, then moved away, slightly tilted his head, and looked quite pleased with himself.

He looked so content, just like eight years ago when he lied about “holding the wrong hand”, he didn’t seem to be uncomfortable at all.

Ruan Yu, on the other hand, was far from calm. The light kiss and the look in his eyes made her dizzy, as if a colorful firework show was exploding right in front of her eyes. She turned to the other side and tried to get off the bed.

Xu Huaisong grabbed her from behind and pulled her into his arms. Ruan Yu’s left ear rested on his heart.

Ruan Yu was surprised by the sudden act. After a short while, she heard his laughter on top of her head: “You can’t tell anything from my expression. Listen to my heart; it’s exploding even more than a firework show.”



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment