Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

You're My Belated Happiness - Chapter 35 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re My Belated Happiness
Chapter 35 Part 2

After a while, Xu Huaishi said: “Aiya, let’s not talk about unhappy things. What are we going to eat for lunch?”

“I’ll make lunch for you, then I have to go out and have lunch with a friend.”

“A male friend or a female friend?”

“Just an ordinary male friend.”

“An ordinary male friend?” Xu Huaishi looked very surprised: “How can a male friend be just an ordinary friend? My brother’s going to cry!”

“......”

“He truly is just an ordinary friend.”

“Then, can you show me a picture of this friend of yours? I can tell whether he’s ordinary or not just by taking one look at him.”

What kind of logic is that?

Ruan Yu was silent for a moment. Since she was going to tell Xu Huaisong that she was going to lunch with Li Shican anyway, there was no point in hiding it from his sister. She said in the end: “Just take a look at the wallpaper of your cell phone.”

Xu Huaishi was taken aback. She hesitatingly slid open the screen of her cell phone and saw the picture of Li Shican.

She lifted up her cell phone dumbfoundedly: “You aren’t telling me now that the one you’re going to have lunch with is my boyfriend?”

Why did this question sound kind of weird?

Ruan Yu nodded: “We were from the same university. Your brother knows about him. Don’t you worry.”

“Oh my goodness!” Xu Huaishi was speechless from the shock. But soon enough, her focus shifted to another issue: “My brother knows about him and wouldn’t tell me, wouldn’t help me to get his signed autographs and limited edition albums? It really pisses me off! Think about how I’ve worked my heart out……”

Xu Huaishi abruptly stopped herself.

Ruan Yu asked: “Then, I’ll ask for them for you later?”

Xu Huaishi got up from bed to hold onto Ruan Yu’s thigh and looked up at her to say: “Jiejie, for the sake of us sleeping together for one night, I beg you to let me go with you to take a look at him. Just a look from afar!”

Ruan Yu didn’t expect it would turn out this way.

Finally she had no choice but to send a message to Li Shican: [I have a meimei who’s your fan and wants to come to look at you. Not sure whether it’s convenient to you or not……]

Li Shican: [It’s fine. Ask her to come for lunch with us. I’ll make sure that we won’t be photographed.]

Xu Huaishi, who was looking at Ruan Yu’s cell phone, was as happy as a clam.

Li Shican: [However, this would count as lunch for meeting a fan, not paying back my favor. You better make sure of it.]

Ruan Yu paused, then showed the message to Xu Huaishi: “See, this means that I’ll have to buy him another meal in the future.”

Xu Huaishi, who by this time had already forgotten about her concerns for her own brother, waved her hand and boldly said: “Then you just buy him another meal! What does that matter, my brother won’t be that petty!”

Ruan Yu thought to herself that Xu Huaisong might actually be that petty, but she didn’t have the heart to stop Xu Huaishi from chasing her idol. She agreed to take Xu Huaishi to go with her and made a plan: “How about this, we’ll go first to eat with Li Shican, then I have to go to the suburb to visit my parents and you’ll go with me as well?”

“No problem!”

At noon, they went together to the restaurant that Li Shican had reserved and went into a private room on the top floor.

Before they went into the private room, Xu Huaishi kept breathing deeply. But when she actually saw Li Shican in person, she still felt dizzy and said while holding her chest: “I must be dreaming……” 

Li Shican stood up when he saw them coming into the room. He greeted Ruan Yu, then took a look at Xu Huaishi: “Why I didn’t know that Xuejie had such an adorable meimei.”

Xu Huaishi couldn’t utter a word while fixing her eyes on Li Shican. She held onto Ruan Yu and said: “Jiejie, I’m going to faint……”

Li Shican laughed out loud and asked again after Xu Huaishi sat down: “What’s your name?”

“Me…… me.” She stammered: “Xu Huaishi.”

Li Shican obviously was a little taken aback and looked over her face once again. He asked Ruan Yu: “This is Lawyer Xu’s sister?”

Ruan Yu made a hollow laugh: “En. Yes.”

Li Shican supported his face with his elbow while looking straight at Xu Huaishi and asking in great interest: “Then, do you think your brother is better looking or me?”

With the face she had idolized for so many years right in front of her, Xu Huaishi answered without any hesitation: “You’re better looking for sure!”

Ruan Yu: “......” She felt sorry for Xu Huaisong.

Li Shican laughed: “You have good taste. I’ll buy you a good lunch.”

He handed over the menu to her as he spoke: “Order whatever you like.”

Xu Huaishi’s eyes glittered as she looked at the menu



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. Xu Huaishi is so cute! Her brother gonna cut her allowance for good tho after he find out about what she said 😁

    ReplyDelete