Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Most Majestic You - Chapter 9 Part 2

The Most Majestic You
Chapter 9  Part 2

Two hours passed in a flash.


Xu Jimo went to look for Qianxi immediately after his post-competition interview.  But she wasn’t sitting where he last saw her.


He looked around and finally found a little shadow at the side of the stage.  It looked like she had come to look for him but couldn’t find him, so she just waited at the side.  Several boys had surrounded her, barraging her with questions.  “Young lady, where did you buy this box?”, “I want the limited edition badge inside.  How much will you sell it to me?  Fifty?  One hundred?  Two hundred.  Will that be enough?”  Qianxi kept shaking her head like a rattle-drum.


Xu Jimo laughed and sent her a message.  “Look to your left.”


Qianxi looked around after seeing his message.  She finally found Xu Jimo standing nearby, waving his phone at her.  Her eyes brightened up and she waved back.  “Xu Jimo!”  Then she turned to the people beside her.  “I’m sorry, I have to go.  Excuse me, please. “  Then she rushed to Xu Jimo like an arrow shot from a bow!


Then…...she was unable to brake in time and crashed into his arms together with the box.


Xu Jimo stepped two steps backwards and heard a loud boom from his chest…...he probably had broken at least two ribs, but he subconsciously held her shoulder to prevent her from falling down.


“Ao!”  Stars danced in Qianxi’s eyes, she was in a greater state of panic than him after she recovered from the chaos.  She patted his chest randomly back and forth.  “Are you alright?”


He still felt a bit of pain in his chest and had his chest assaulted by her.  He made an effort to grab her hands.  “......I’m alright.”  He also looked behind her.


The two boys who wanted to buy the box from her had eye bulging from their skulls.  “Damn, so the young lady just now was…...K’s wife?”


One of them was quick and had already taken out his phone.


Qianxi heard the sound of a shutter and turned around to look, but Xu Jimo quickly turned her head around.  “Don’t turn back.”


“Ah?”


He said in a coaxing tone, “Walk forwards with me.  Don’t look back.  Can you do it?”


“Uhm?”  Qianxi then realized that they could be easily mistaken as a couple like this.  If they didn’t leave immediately, it would be trouble if somebody shot a picture of her face…...she could imagine how furious her dad would be after he saw the picture.  She was so scared. She buried her head into Xu Jimo’s arms and hurriedly escaped


So the video shot by a fan show K god’s girl excitedly rushing into his arms. She was so shy that she hugged his arm, as couples in love do, and escaped quickly.


Ah, it was esports gossip of the century!


The female lead in the video, Qianxi, covered her face the entire way and kept muttering, “How embarrassing, how embarrassing.”  Xu Jimo could not stop himself from rubbing her head.  “Don’t worry.  They didn’t catch your face.”  His palm was warm.  Qianxi felt as if every single hair tried to hide itself and she buried her head even deeper…...


Xu Jimo patted her head, as if he was comforting a little pet to help calm it down.  “You said before the match that you had already resigned from Yingyuan?”


Her eyes peeked through the cracks of her hands.  ‘Uh-huh.”


“What are you going to do next?”


Qianxi said without any shame, “I don’t know.  I plan to take some time to really think about this question.  Anyways, I’m very rich, I have plenty of time to think.”


A girl with a flushed face, who currently looked like a little hamster as she cuddled her head against him, was proudly announcing: “I’m very rich.” This probably was one of the most bizarre situations he had encountered after he started working.  Xu Jimo thought about it but couldn’t find the proper words to continue the conversation.


“Really!”  She calculated using her fingers.  “The CD (Certificate of Deposit) that I set up in college will mature in two more days.  I just need to suffer for two more days, then I will become a tycoon.”


“......CD?”


Qianxi looked at him earnestly.  “Yeah, I still have a lot of money other than the money I gave you.  My dad gave me an investment fund to play stock market to train my financial skills.  I lost quite a lot of money at the beginning and the whole family laughed at me for half a month…...but I earned all of it back later and several times more.  Because they laughed at me so much, I wasn’t in the mood to tell them.  Because I was so frustrated, I bought the CD so I could get it out of my sight……”  Later she thought that she had been silly for doing so.  With such a high inflation rate, she should have invested in some sort of financial product?


She spread her ten fingers in front of him and used each digit to count.  “It’s a very large amount.  It has trailing zeros: one, two, three, four, five, six……”


Xu Jimo interrupted her before she could continue.


He felt that his view of the world would shatter if she continued.  He reluctantly and calmly asked her.  “Why didn’t you tell your family?”


“It’s no use telling them.  Their fixed definition about me is that I’m an useless rice worm.  They would never believe that I could be great at something.  They would only think that I got lucky.”  Qianxi gave a “Don’t you think I’m smart?” expression and spoke proudly,  “Besides, I need to return the money back if I told them and I’m not that stupid.”


Xu Jimo felt that his understanding of her had been significantly off.


He had thought that she must have a strong background to be employed as a director in Yingyuan at such an young age.  Now it seemed that her family was far more richer than he had thought.  There was a dad who allowed her to squander money.  Then there was a shining star for a cousin.  There was probably more to explore.


How did that kind of family raise such a freak?


“So, why did you decide to invest in KG?”

Qianxi’s smile suddenly froze.  “Because……”  Her shining eyes started to get darker.  “Because I will feel happier if I can help others to do something which I cannot.”

4 comments:

  1. HaHaHa Xu Ji Mo
    Thanks for the chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it meany me if I think Qianxi indeed a little weirdo?...eventhough still in a good way I guess..

    ReplyDelete
  3. He’s calling her a freak? I guess it’s in the sense that she’s different from your typical beautiful rich little princess

    ReplyDelete