Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Those Sweet Times - Chapter 73 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



Those Sweet Times
Chapter 73 Part 2

The next day, both Xiang Nuan and Lin Chuyan had classes all day. Lin Chuyan was willing to skip classes to go to Xiang Nuan. But Xiang Nuan was unwilling to skip classes. Lin Chuyan was bored. Using one hand to support his chin, he used the other to constantly send messages to Xiang Nuan on his cell phone.

“What are you doing?”

“In class.”

“What class?”

“English class.”

“Don’t bother with class. Come over, I’ll teach you. I guarantee you’ll learn everything.”

“Stop talking to me.”

“I miss you.”

……

Xiang Nuan blushed, though touched, she set her profile to ‘do not disturb’ on her phone.

She felt Lin Chuyan had great potential to be a Helen of Troy. But even if he was Helen of Troy, she wasn’t willing to give up her own studies. She was proud of herself for being so principled.

The next day, however, Xiang Nuan made a phone call to Helen of Troy on her own.

“Lin Chuyan, do you have time today?”

Lin Chuyan was quite sensitive at detecting when something wasn’t quite right with the tone of voice. He actually had a full day of classes, but that wasn’t important. Lin Chuyan: “I have time. What’s wrong? …...I don’t have class today.”

“My mom is coming over.” Xiang Nuan sounded like she was about to cry.

“Why is aunty coming over here?”

“She’s coming over here to spank me……”

Lin Chuyan frowned and gently comforted her: “Don’t worry now. Tell me all about it, why is she going to spank you?”

Xiang Nuan hesitated for a while before explaining to Lin Chuyan. Lin Chuyan was anxious in the beginning, but after hearing the whole story, all he could think of was: you deserve it.

What had happened was that Xiang Nuan had called her adviser to consult about the procedure of taking a leave of absence from school. She asked the adviser whether it was possible to temporarily leave school to play games professionally. Her adviser was alarmed by her question and called her parents immediately after she hung up on Xiang Nuan. The adviser wanted to know about the parents’ input about this matter and whether Xiang Nuan was really going to take a leave from school to play games professionally.

Ren Danyan blew up after the phone call from the adviser. She didn’t interfere with Xiang Nuan when she played games at home since she figured all the young people liked to play games. She didn’t expect her tolerance would spoil her child to the point that she would give up school to go play games professionally?

“It’s all your fault, you’ve spoiled her!” Ren Danyan threw her rage at her husband.

Xiang Daying frustratedly looked at his wife: “It has nothing to do with me. I’m not the one who taught her to play games…...What are you doing?”

“I’m going to her place!”

“Don’t rush. She’s probably just saying that for fun. You’re just like a firework, flaring up from just one spark.”

“I have to teach her a lesson. I have to let her know the things she should do!”

“Let me go with you.”

“Don’t come with me. All you know is how to muddle things up. You stay home. Today, today I have to spank her!”

Xiang Daying knew that his wife was really furious this time. After his wife left, he hurriedly made a phone call to Xiang Nuan: “Nuannuan, your mom is angry, she’s coming over to spank you! You better figure something out yourself. I can’t help you.”

Xiang Nuan was confused: “Why does mom want to spank me?”

“Your adviser called her and said you’re going to leave school to go play games professionally. Nuannuan, what are you thinking about?”

“I’m not! I’m just asking……”

“Then explain to her yourself. She’s already left. You know your mom’s temperament, it’s hard to say whether she’ll believe you or not. Good luck to you. That’s all I can do.”

“Dad, you come too. I’m afraid……”

“You’re afraid of her, do you think I’m not?”

“......Q A Q”

Xiang Nuan anxiously held her cell phone in hand as if a calamity was looming above her head. She was indeed a little guilty of having the idea, otherwise she wouldn’t be this afraid. Her mom was coming to teach her a lesson and her dad wouldn’t come to save her. Who else could come to help her? Her grandma was too old to travel here. Xiao Xue…...Xiao Xue could only play cute, it couldn’t talk. Wuwu……

Wait, there was someone else! Someone who would behave particularly nice in front of parents!

And most importantly, her mom liked that person very much!



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

3 comments: