Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

You're My Belated Happiness - Chapter 72 Side Story 5 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re My Belated Happiness
Chapter 72 Side Story 5 Part 2

“You don’t know?”

Xu Huaishi played dumb and spoke with feigned earnestness: “I don’t know. Tell me!”

Zhao Yi put his hands into his pockets, then took them out, but then put them back in the pockets again. After repeating for several rounds, he said: “I’ve done some calculations. I should be able to get into a college. Even if I can’t get into a second tier college, I shouldn’t have a problem getting into a third tier one.”

Xu Huaishi deliberately pretended to be indifferent: “But most of the majors in Hang University are first tier ones.”

“I’ve already checked, there are some second tier ones there and they share the same campus with the first tier ones. Even if I can’t get into a second tier college, there are two third tier ones, one is one km to the north of Hang U and the other is three km to the east.”

Xu Huaishi looked up to the sky and said in a small voice: “You missed one. There’s one to the west, five km away.”

Zhao Yi was silent for a moment, then chuckled: “Well someone’s done their research, huh?”

Xu Huaishi gave him a glance: “I intend to get into Hang U and I certainly have to check in detail about the surroundings.”

“Hrm.” Zhao Yi stopped laughing: “We’re off topic.”

Seeing him get more serious, Xu Huaishi suddenly felt a little uneasy. Her hands that were hanging by her sides pinched her skirt: “Oh.” Then she looked down at the tips of her canvas shoes.

Zhao Yi cleared his throat and looked at the cowlick on top of her head as he spoke: “So you see, they’re just a few km away and I have long legs. As long as you’re willing, I can still accompany you down stairs when you can’t see clearly after getting out of the study hall at night. I can……accompany you down the stairs as your boyfriend.”

Xu Huaishi could almost feel the heat from his stare and it felt like her scalp was burning. She touched her hair and kicked the dust with the tips of her shoes and said oh again.

Zhao Yi was annoyed: “I’ve done my confession. Aren’t you supposed to say something?”

Xu Huaishi looked up, just as annoyed: “Are you trying to do a hard sell? You didn’t ask, why should I answer?”

Zhao Yi was speechless and his stance instantly softened. He touched his nose and said: “Then, you……do you want to be my girlfriend……”

Xu Huaishi humphed lightly and said with a giggle: “I don’t!” Then she turned to run away.

Zhao Yi grabbed her to pull her into his arms: “You’re forcing me to do a hard sell!”

Suddenly a rippling sound of “awww– –!” came from upstairs of the classroom building.

They looked up and discovered that there were a group of people leaning against the railing upstairs looking down at them.

Xu Huaishi blushed and forcefully pushed Zhao Yi away. She mercilessly stepped on his sneakers: “Can’t you understand a girl playing hard to get!”



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment