Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Thursday, March 16, 2023

You're My Belated Happiness - Chapter 67 Part 2

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



You’re My Belated Happiness
Chapter 67 Part 2

Ruan Yu sighed: “If I knew then that your brother would like me even if I dressed like a bear, I wouldn’t have been so silly dressing like that to suffer in the cold.”

They chatted as they walked onto the campus.

Xu Huaishi excitedly said: “Jiejie, are you heading to the sports field now?”

Ruan Yu nodded.

“Then wouldn’t you be staying in the cold until night? It would be heart-wrenching for my brother.”

“It’s work. I have body warmer patches on me. I should be fine.”

“The actors aren’t here yet and the crew is still setting up the filming set. You’ll just be sitting there if you go now. It’s better to walk around with me. I’ve asked a few classmates to celebrate New Year’s Eve with me tonight. I’ll treat you to some barbecue!”

Ruan Yu shook her head: “You go with your classmates. Our director is known to be very strict in this business. It wouldn’t be good if I take leave on the very first day of shooting.”

Xu Huaishi was quite disappointed: “But, I’ve already bragged to everyone that my future sister-in-law is in the filming crew……”

Ruan Yu, being called the future sister-in-law, felt like she should be responsible for Xu Huaishi. After a short silence, she said: “Fine, let me ask.”

Ruan Yu gave the director a call. Before she could fully state the purpose for the call, the director on the other side laughed to say: “Hum, you arrived this early. I probably forgot to inform you that you only need to be here before 10 pm.”

Ruan Yu was caught by surprise: “Then, now I……”

“It’s too cold. You don’t need to come over right now. I’ll let you know when all the actors are here.”

Ruan Yu hung up the phone and looked over at Xu Huaishi’s expectant face: “How about it, is the director easy to talk to?”

Ruan Yu nodded confusedly.

Why would people say the director is mean? He was as gentle as her own father.

In the evening, Ruan Yu, together with Xu Huaishi and her classmates who were extras for the film, went off campus towards a barbecue place nearby.

The place was simply and plainly decorated but bustling. Grilled food, soda drinks, chatty students, and the childish truth or dare games filled the emptiness Ruan Yu felt when Xu Huaisong wasn’t around. She began to feel like celebrating the New Year and even felt like she was getting younger.

She joined in their noisy conversations until nine o’clock at night. She received a message from Xu Huaishong then: [I’m awake. What are you doing?]

Ruan Yu could finally put her heart at ease. She told Xu Huaishi that she was going to make a phone call, then got up to go outside of the barbecue place. She started a voice chat with him.

Xu Huaisong immediately picked up. Ruan Yu was shivering in the chilling wind but there was a smile on her face: “I’m having barbecue with Huaishi and her classmates. It’s so nice to be young. I’d really like to go back to being 17 years old.”

Xu Huaisong laughed, his voice sounded like he had just woken up: “What’s so good about being 17. It’s not even the legal age.”

Ruan Yu was surprised to hear that and just as she was about to ask legal age for what, she heard Xu Huaisong say: “Can’t even drink distilled spirits.”

“......” Ruan Yu wondered whether he got addicted to drinking it.

As they were both silent, Ruan Yu heard the noise of sirens on the phone.

Ruan Yu asked: “You’re outside?”

“Mhm, I’m driving out to get some breakfast.”

“Then why answer my voice chat. Drive carefully. Let’s talk later.”

“Alright.”

Ruan Yu checked the time after ending the voice chat. She gathered all the students to go back to school with her. The filming set had already been set up in the sports field with bright lighting surrounding it. Several huge cinematographic cameras stood on the field. The extras were sitting on the bleachers waiting for directions. Under the bleachers, crew members were busily running around.

Ruan Yu went separate ways with Xu Huaishi and greeted the director. She walked over to where the actors were resting and saw Li Shican and Sun Miaohan, wearing the uniforms of First High School, rehearsing with scripts in their hands.



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't click until this chapter for me that he's proposing. Lol I knew he was flying back for the new year timeliness and he measured her ring size.. but my my
    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete