Schedule


You're My Belated Happiness releases every week Tuesday and Thursday at 11am PST.

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Those Sweet Times - Chapter 72 Part 3

Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.



Those Sweet Times
Chapter 72 Part 3

Xiang Nuan and Lin Chuyan had a spicy crab pot dinner together with Chen Yinghu. Chen Yinghu sat across from them and watched Lin Chuyan pick out the crab meat from the crab legs and give them to Xiang Nuan.

Xiang Nuan was resisting: “I can do it myself. You think I’m dumb?”

“You’re the piglet I’m raising.” Lin Chuyan said.

Xiang Nuan retorted: “You’re the noob I’m raising.”

“Then why haven’t you fed me?”

“Are you ever ashamed of yourself……”

Chen Yinghu was suffering from heartache. He somewhat regretted coming here. He should have stayed at home so he wouldn’t have to suffer through the PDA that was happening right in front of him right now.

Xiang Nuan peeked at Chen Yinghu while eating and felt that he didn’t look as miserable as she had imagined. She was glad but wisely didn’t mention anything about Keke.

After a while, Chen Yinghu said: “Oh, right, I almost forgot to tell you two. The management from Pea TV asked me to ask you two whether you’d be interested in streaming?”

“Oh?” Xiang Nuan was curious: “Why do they want us? Is it because they discovered us on your stream?”

“No, it’s not that. I heard it was during the collegiate competition. They were telling me about your guys and found out that I knew the two of you, so they asked me for your contact information. I said I need to ask you two first.”

Xiang Nuan didn’t know how to reply; her only understanding about streaming was as a member of the audience. She turned to take a look at Lin Chuyan, hoping to hear his opinion.

Lin Chuyan asked: “What do they want us to stream? Kings of Glory?”

Chen Yinghu: “That’s right.”

“We can’t do it.”

“Why not?”

“We don’t talk much.”

Chen Yinghu rolled his eyes, then thought for a while before he continued: “Actually you don’t need to talk much. They want you not because of your gift of gab anyway.”

Xiang Nuan asked: “Is it because of our skills?”

“No, it’s your face.”

This was the second time in one day Xiang Nuan had heard such comments. She couldn’t feel comfortable anymore: “No doing it!”

Chen Yinghu felt a little frustrated: “Ok, fine, not doing it. But you don’t have to be so mean.”

“Sorry, Hu Ge, I’m not mad at you. It’s just this afternoon……” Xiang Nuan retold what had happened earlier in the day.

“What’s the big deal about that? Any profession likes good looking people. For streamers, hosts who have over a million followers probably still earn less than a beauty who has only tens of thousands of followers.”

“I know. I just worry that Oblivion would feel sad about it. I didn’t want to mention it to him.”

“He should be alright. If that was enough to make him sad, then he’s not fit for playing games. He better go home and carry bricks.”

“How do you know he was carrying bricks for a living before?”

“......” Chen Yinghu didn’t know, it was just the first thing he thought of. =  =

“I’m thinking-- --” Lin Chuyan suddenly interrupted their conversation: “We, we’ll just do whatever we’re capable of.”

“Hrm?”

Lin Chuyan took out his cell phone and placed an order for skin lightening facial masks online.

That was what he meant by doing what they were capable of.

Xiang Nuan rubbed her face; her boyfriend who had never bought any skin care products for her was buying facial masks for another man. She couldn’t believe it……

Chen Yinghu held a crab leg in hand while shaking his head: “You know, Oblivion doesn’t really have to go to a club. You see, all of us are pretty skilled. If we formed a team, we could probably wipe out all the other teams in the league-- --” He abruptly stopped.

He had discovered Xiang Nuan was looking at him with shining bright eyes.

Chen Yinghu got nervous: “I, I, I, I’m just saying. Don’t take it so seriously……”



Translated by Team DHH at http://dhh-workshop.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that new chapter!!! And more please!!!! I really enjoy this novel!!! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete